Materials Testing Services
Materials testing can and should be completed on everything fromthermoplastics to adhesives, composites to glass, thermosets to titanium and more. NTS maintains a network of professional materials testing labs around the country, where we can perform incisive analyses of rubber strength and resistance, as well as abrasion resistance, surface, fracture and plating analysis of a number of other materials.
Corrosion phenomena testing is also routinely performed using a variety of corrosive agents and test materials. Fatigue studies are another major component of materials testing, particularly when working with ASTM, nuclear or custom specs. NTS fatigue studies are conducted for rubber, plastics and other materials. For more information about our capabilities, contact an NTS lab near you.
We are capable of developing a custom testing program for pre-compliance with international standards or general quality assurance. Some of thematerials testing services offered by NTS include:
- Ozone and Gas Exposure
- Thermo Mechanical Analysis
Industries We Serve
Materials testing is a diverse field with multiple potential applications. At NTS, our more than 50 years of experience have encompassed a wide range of industries, including:
- Aerospace: Aerospace materials must be thoroughly tested against all the various environmental stressors they encounter in a typical flight. NTS has the experience and the lab facilities necessary to ensure conformity with RTCA DO-160 as well as FAA and other regulations. For testing oversized components or complete assemblies, we can engineer custom chambers and fixtures that meet the specific requirements of your project.
- Defense: NTS has a long history of providing materials testing services for defense contractors. Our Camden, AR facility is fully capable of performing arena testing of warheads and weapons, fully instrumented small, medium, and large caliber ranges, and much more. All facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art data acquisition tools that generate precise and meaningful results, making it easy to demonstrate compliance with MIL-STD-810 and other regulations.
- Telecommunications: The NTS network contains more commercial telecom test laboratories than any other company in North America. We can assist at all stages of the development process by providing materials testing services that eliminate uncertainty and help you deliver superior products for both residential and commercial use. The more connected our world gets, the more we rely on our telecom infrastructure to deliver uninterrupted service. Let our expertise improve your products and reduce your liability.
- Consumer goods: Corrosion and stress resistance are important selling points for a number of consumer goods. Materials testing is about more than just maintaining compliance — it’s about delivering a product that’s tough enough to withstand anything the average user can throw at it. NTS helps by identifying potential problems early, allowing your team to make the necessary changes without further delays.
NTS’ materials testing labs are ISO/IEC 17025-certified by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation. We can quickly turn around projects of any size, even those with complex environmental or materials testing requirements. Contact us today to learn more about NTS materials testing servicesor request a free quote for your upcoming project.