What Is EMC / EMI Testing?
NTS is known worldwide as the industry leading provider of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) engineering and compliance services. Our Program Managers and Subject Matter Experts work closely with you, conducting extensive technical reviews to determine your needs and provide a customized service. Whatever you require to speed your product to market — engineering, design analysis, testing, technical training — NTS will customize solutions to meet all of your needs. We offer a wide range of EMC and EMI services to seamlessly take your design from concept to final product.
The NTS network of commercial EMC testing laboratories is the largest in North America. We offer EMC testing services to various FCC standards and the CE certification requirements of the EU. We also provide industry-specific EMC testing services. At NTS, we provide specific EMC testing to the telecommunications industry through our NEBS program, and offer extensive EMC and EMI testing for defense systems as well as space and aircraft EMC testing.
We operate some of the most modern and highly-equipped EMC test labs in the business, staffed by some of the most experienced engineers and technicians in the field of EMC testing and EMC compliance. We are capable of testing to the most extreme limits and the most challenging standards. In short, there is little in the way of EMC testing that we cannot handle.
EMI/EMC Testing Services
- Harmonics and Flicker
- Electrical Fast Transients
- Voltage Dips and Interrupts
- Electrical Surge
- Radiated Susceptibility up to 200V/m, 10kHz to 40GHz
- Magnetic Susceptibility dc to 100 kHz
- HIRF Testing 400 MHz to 18 GHz
- Mode Tuned Chamber, Mode Stirred Chamber
- Lightning Effects Testing
- Indirect Lightning to 10 kV/10 kA
- Multiple Stroke, Multiple Burst, and Single Stroke
- All waveforms per SAE ARP 5416, DO-160, Airbus and Boeing specifications
- NEBS/Telecom/ITE Product Compliance Testing
- Surge, lightning, ESD, AC power fault
- Radiated and Conducted Emissions/Immunity
- Electrical safety
- Bonding and Grounding
- DC power characteristics
- TEER (energy efficiency testing)
- Acoustic noise (GR-63, ISO, and MIL-STD)
- 3 and 10 Meter Listed Semi-Anechoic Chambers
- 40’ x 40’ x 20’ Semi-Anechoic Chambers for MIL and Aerospace applications
- TEM Cell and Strip Line Cells
- VCCI, BSMI, Korea Mic Mark, Australia, and New Zealand
Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Wide variety of network models up to +/- 30 kV contact and Air discharges
- 300 kV vertical lift simulation
- P-static discharges
EMI/EMC/HIRF/Indirect Lightning Analysis
Dealing with electromagnetic interference (EMI) appropriately can be one of the most problematic design challenges to modern product development. When proper electromagnetic compatibility design practices have not been implemented in the design process, significant impact will be seen both in the functional reliability and the product’s inability to properly co-exist in its intended usage environment.
We help our customers proactively address these issues by providing them with some of the most experienced subject matter experts in the field of EMC, including HIRF and indirect lightning. These subject matter experts cover every aspect of the equation, such as regulatory requirements, product design, EMI-control materials and pre-compliance testing to ensure that the final development process takes all of these critical aspects into consideration.
Primary EMC Specifications Include:
GR-1089-CORE, RBOC Supplements (Verizon & AT&T), EN300-386, CISPR 32 and 35, EN55024, EN61000-4-x, MIL-STD-461/462, mil-std-464MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-1399 section 300, RTCA DO-160, FCC, VCCI, BSMI, IC ICES-003, IEEE C37.90.1, IEEE C37.90.2, ETSI K20, K21, EN 301 489-01, -xx, AS/NZS CISPR 22, CISPR 22, CISPR 11, Korea EMI and EMS.
EMC / EMI Engineering Services
- Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) Test and Analyses of Systems and Platforms
- EMC Control Plan
- EMI and EMC Product Design Review and compliance risk assessments
- EMI/EMC Design hardening
- Trouble shooting, design mitigation
- NARTE Certified Engineers
- Performance Requirements Definition and Flow Down
- Requirements Gap Analysis
- Risk Mitigation Plans
- Test Procedures and EMI Test Plans and Procedures Development
A Reputation You Can Trust
NTS has been in business for almost fifty years, and we have solid credentials. We are recognized as a Verizon Independent Test Laboratory (NEBS Program), and we have ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation.
Satisfied clients of ours include Boeing, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Sony, Lockheed Martin, the US Department of Defense, EMC, Motorola, Cisco, Texas Instruments, United Technologies, Collins Aerospace, Tyco Electronics Corporation, ViaSat, Inc., Raytheon, Pratt & Whitney, Northrop Grumman, L3 Communications, General Electric, Eaton Aerospace, Agilent Technologies, and Aerojet Rocketdyne.
For more information on how to get your product testing, contact us today.