Vehicular Armor Testing
NTS Camden (Arkansas) is an integral part of the NTS Defense Group. The facility has logged more than 20 years of experience performing destructive testing for the defense industry, and has provided IED and mine blast test services to some of the nation’s premiere armor and armor systems developers. NTS Camden is ready and able to assist armor manufacturers and developers in accurately assessing the performance of current and new armor designs against improvised explosive devices and mine blast threats.
- IED and EFP Testing
- Reactive Armor and Arena Testing
- Bare Charge and Fragment Testing
– Air and Ground Vehicle
– Component, Sub-System, Full-Up
- VPAM, AEP-55, STANAG
- Structural Blast
- Blast Containment
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Helmets, Face-Shields, Vests
- RPG (Static and Dynamic)
Armor Testing at NTS Camden
Embedded in the 68,000-acre Shumaker Naval Ammunition Depot, NTS Camden is a full-service armor testing lab offering turnkey solutions to defense contractors across the country. The compound features a 3,000-meter large-caliber firing range, a shoulder-fired rocket range, and multiple warhead arena test areas.When performing IED and mine blast testing services, NTS Camden is fully equipped with a team of experienced test engineers with the skills and expertise to handle it all, including:
- Support aspects of testing, from fixture design to data reduction
- Expertly perform programs that range in size from individual armor plates to vehicle hull sections to full-scale vehicle hulls
- Customize explosive blast charges; allowing adjustments to be made on-site and minimizing delays to the test program
- Capture test events using high speed video to determine the reaction of the test article and the force of the blast during the event
- Determine the survivability of armor items under test by conducting thorough evaluations to collect ample amounts of accurate data
- Conduct IED and mine blast testing services
- Provide added availability and flexibility in scheduling with the addition of two ranges at NTS Camden
Still need more? Our grounds in Kansas and Maryland provide:
- Ballistic testing ranges capable of full scale product testing
- The use of Oehler Model 55 chronographs and Oehler Model 34 Ballistic Computers to guarantee accurate velocity measurements
- A fully protected viewing room for testing observations
- Ballistic-resistant material impact testing
NTS Wichita (Kansas) and NTS Chesapeake (Maryland) stand ready to support you with expert testing on body armor, helmets, firearm locking devices, and stab testing.
Your Partner for Safety and Compliance
NTS Camden offers full support for a wide range of military programs and systems, including Javelin, Hydra, Claymore Mine, and more. We have a long history of providing testing and compliance assistance to the defense industry, and we can help you achieve certification to MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-2105 and other related regulatory guidelines.
In addition to armor testing, we provide climatic and dynamics testing, environmental simulation (including sand, dust and salt fog testing), functional trials, and more. Should you require multiple tests required, we will determine the fastest and most cost-effective sequence possible. Count on our team for everything from one-off armor testing to complete project management solutions.
In everything we do, NTS Camden is dedicated to providing excellence in the testing of survivability systems, which are instrumental in protecting our servicemen and women. NTS strives to assist developers and manufacturers of survivability systems in bringing the most-reliable, highest-performing products into the defense market.
Contact us today for more information on armor testing services at NTS.