NTS Santa Clarita Launches Fuel Component Testing ServicesApril 5, 2013
Expanding our service offerings for customers in the aerospace and defense industries, NTS Santa Clarita has recently broadened its portfolio of service offerings to include Fuel Component Testing services. The new Fuel Component Testing site is used for the development and qualification of fuel line parts and subsystems. Any individual device or subsystem that is part of an engine or fuel system – such as fuel pumps, hydro-mechanical fuel controls and shutoff valves – requires qualification testing to the RTCA DO-160 environmental standards for airborne equipment or the Mil-Std 810 environmental standards for a broad range of military equipment. The new fuel testing site recently installed at NTS Santa Clarita is a state-of-the-art facility for simulating the most stringent environmental conditions.
Specifications of the new Fuel Component Testing facility at NTS Santa Clarita:
- Fuel capacity of 2500 gallons
- Fuel super-cooling with three 30-ton refrigeration systems with capability to cool below – 65°F
- Fuel heating capability to 135° F or higher
- Fuel polishing capability to Level 2 cleanliness standards
- Three separate fuel component test loops with flow capacity ranging from 500 to 1,000 GPM
- The ability to combine loops for higher flow rates
- Modular to allow simultaneous set-ups at the same facility
- Adequate room for future expansion and modification
- State of the art DAC and control system
The new Fuel Component testing services at NTS Santa Clarita are currently online and available to customers. More information can be found at www.nts.com or by calling 1-800-270-2516.