MIL-STD-461G ReleasedFebruary 3, 2016
The G revision of the MIL-STD-461 standard was released in December 2015 and is available here. NTS’s Jeffrey Viel’s wrote an article for InCompliance Magazine reviewing the proposed changes which was published back in August 2015. These changes have carried into the final released standard and are worth reviewing.
A few highlights of the MIL-STD-461G standard:
- FFT receivers are now permitted for use
- Interconnecting cable routing now specified for floor standing equipment
- Test method CS106 has been removed
- Test method CS114 system check updates
- The addition of test method CS117, conducted susceptibility, lightning induced transients, cables and power leads
- The addition of test method CS118, personnel borne electrostatic discharge
- Test methods RE102 and RS103 technical updates
Contact NTS today to discuss your next MIL-STD-461 test program.