T: 480.966.5517 | F: 480.966.5525
Todd Hosier - General Manager
Environmental Testing, Dynamic Testing and EMI / EMC Testing in Tempe, AZ
Part of the largest worldwide network of independent testing laboratories, NTS Tempe provides expert engineering and testing services to client partners in both commercial and military sectors.
We can cover your projects from start to finish; beginning with a simple qualification test of a new product, to the efficient management of your entire laboratory. Our extensive knowledge of test and conformity requirements, both domestic and international, can help you assess your product and define the proper requirements for your test program to achieve maximum customer acceptance. Our capabilities include more than 20 different chambers, shakers, and drop tower test platforms.
Our specialists have decades of experience in EMI/EMC, pneumatics, dynamics and environmental testing. We have the expertise to accurately monitor equipment response and performance during the most severe test environments. Our technicians and engineers are recognized authorities in the performance of a wide array of environmental simulations.
- Large selection of temperature/humidity chambers, from 2′ x 2 ‘ x 2′ to an 4′ x 6’x 8’ walk-in chamber
- Thermal shock: two shuttling chambers ( Air to Air and Liquid to Liquid)
- Altitude: Up to 100,000 feet
- Thermal vacuum: -180° to 180°C space simulation with TQCM capability, multi-zone temperature control chambers: 8, 56, and 85 cubic feet
- Rapid decompression and explosive atmosphere
- Salt fog chambers: Wind-driven rain up to 40mph and blowing sand / dust
- Fluid susceptibility testing
- Solar radiation: three chambers and a test area of up to 20 square feet
Primary specifications for environmental testing include: MIL-STD 810, MIL-STD 202, RTCA DO160, ASTA, ASTM, NEMA, GR 63-CORE, GR 487-CORE, GR 13-CORE, UL 50, ETSI 300-019-xx and IEC 60068-2-xx.
- Electrodynamic and mechanical shaker systems: Up to 1″ displacement; 1,200 to 20,000 force pounds; 5 Hz to 3000 Hz.
- Up to 16 channels of data acquisition and analysis capability, including a Spectral Dynamics Jaguar control/analysis system.
- Static / dynamic load.
- Acceleration: 57, 36 and 11-inch radius; up to 1,200 Gs; up to 40 slip-rings.
- Drop towers: Up to 40-foot drop and package drop capability.
Primary specifications for dynamic testing include: MIL-STD 810, MIL-STD 202, RTCA DO160, ASTA, ASTM, UL 50, ETSI 300-019-xx and IEC 60068-2-xx.
- Radiated susceptibility 200 V/m, frequency range from 10k Hz to 40 GHz
- Radiated emissions: 30 Hz to 40 GHz
- RF Reverberation Chamber testing to DO-160 Category L levels from 200 MHz to 18 GHZ. Test frequencies as high as 40 GHz are possible.
- EMP pin and bulk cable testing.
- Shielding effectiveness
Primary specifications for EMI / EMC testing are RTCA/DO-160 and MIL-STD-461.
- Proof pressure: hydrostatic pressure to 40,000 psig; pneumatic pressure to 6,000 psig; Leak testing
- Primary specifications for fluids testing include MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-202
Thriving on Partnerships
NTS Tempe partners with the Artesyn Embedded Technologies commercial EMC laboratory in Tempe, AZ. Along with local EMC services, the lab can support local overflow environmental/reliability and product safety NRTL services as needed. Artesyn Embedded Technologies is part of the NTS Verizon NEBS Program, which addresses the majority of GR1089. Commercial EMC testing services cover domestic US (FCC) and international Canada (ICES), European Union (CE), Japan (VCCI), Australia (c-Tick/RCM) and Korean (KC) EMC requirements.
For more information, Request a Quote to see how we can test your project to all requirements efficiently, cost effectively and expeditiously.