T: 972.509.2566 | F: 972.509.0073
Jeff Viel - General Manager
EMC, Wireless, Product Safety and Environmental Services in North Texas
NTS Plano is a state-of-the-art laboratory serving military, aerospace, commercial electronic, medical and telecommunication client partners. Our engineers possess advanced, up-to-date training and credentials, and perform test and certifications using the latest tools. NTS is internationally accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 by A2LA for an enormous list of standards for EMC, product safety, wireless, NEBS/Bellcore, environmental and dynamics. This combination of experience and high-end test systems means NTS Plano can put your company on the fast track when it comes to bringing products to market.
Testing and Certification Services
A world-class product compliance laboratory, NTS Plano (CAGE code 4KDC2) offers a full range of services, including:
- Environmental testing: Salt fog, sand and dust
- Dynamics testing: Shock and vibration
- Product Safety: Provided through our NRTL and CBTL partners
We test to MIL-STD 461, MIL-STD 704, MIL-STD 1399, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 and NEBS just to name a few. We do it all with the constant goal of helping you save time and money by achieving your compliance requirements quickly and efficiently, so can expedite products to market without wasteful delays. From design-level consultation to pre-compliance testing to formal qualification testing services, plus finished product modifications, production sampling, international approvals management and and field resolution, the Plano team is truly a “one-stop-shop” for all your compliance needs.
We also offer military and aerospace capabilities that cover RS 103, 200V/m, 10KHz to 40GHz, RS 105 EMP as well as indirect lightning effects and multiple burst/multiple stroke lightning up to Level 5 of DO160, Airbus and Boeing.
EMI / EMC / ESD Testing
NTS Plano is part of NTS’ vast EMI testing network, which is comprised of 12 laboratories across the US and Europe. Our EMC testing and certification services cover North America, the EU, Japan, Australia, New Zealand (RCM approval), Taiwan and South Korea. Test capabilities include:
- 7 semi-anechoic EMI chambers, two FCC Certified 3-meter chambers, one FCC-certified 10-meter with 14,000 lb floor loading capabilities.
- Radiated susceptibility: Up to 200 V/m, frequency range 10k Hz–40G hz, meets RS103 of MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD 464, CS 106 per MIL-STD 461 and RTCA DO 160.
- Lightning: Multiple stroke, burst and indirect effects plus Level 5 capabilities (meet Boeing/Airbus).
- AC powercross on telecommunications; NEBS level 3.
- RS105 transient electromagnetic field (EMP) test.
- Reverberation chamber testing to DO-160 Category L Levels from 100 MHz to 18
GHz. Test frequencies as high as 40 GHz are possible.
- Specifications include MIL-STD-461/464, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-202, DO 160, Boeing D6-36440, D6-44588 & D6-16050, Airbus ABD0100.x.x, MIL-STD-704A, MIL-STD-1275, IEEE C37.90.1 & .2, IEEE 1613, GR 1089-CORE, GR 63-CORE, GR 487-CORE, GR 3108, GR 3178, ASTM, ISTA, ISO 13766, CISPR 22/11, CISPR 24, VZ. TPR. 9205, FCC part 15 & 18, EN300386, EN55024, EN55022, EN55011, EN61000-4-xx, EN61000-3-x, K20 – 22, KN 22, KN24 and KN32/35.
Environmental / Dynamic Testing
NTS is the largest independent company for environmental and dynamics testing, with 26 facilities nationwide. Our Plano location is a full-service environmental test facility capable of managing your environmental test programs for commercial and military. Our technicians and engineers are leading experts in the performance of an array of environmental simulations including thermal, shock, seismic and vibration. Capabilities include more than 20 different chambers, shakers and drop towers test platforms, along with:
- Electrodynamic shaker systems: T-2000 (2), T-1000, T-514; up to 3″ stroke, 9,000–25,000 force pounds, 5Hz–3,000Hz, Sine 25,000 pounds (111 kN) peak, Random 22,000 pounds (98 kN) rms, Shock 50,000 pounds (311 kN) peak.
- Large scale sand chamber to 74 mph, settling dust (ambient temp) and sand and dust combined.
- Seismic: 10.5″ stroke, 20,000 force pounds, 0.6Hz–500Hz, testing to GR 63-CORE Zones 1–4.
- Up to 32 channels response, data acquisition and analysis; Static and dynamic load.
- Acceleration up to 200 RPM and shock towers.
- Temperature/humidity chambers from 2′ x 2′ x 2′ to 18′ x 12′ x 12′, salt fog chamber up to 10′ x 7′ x 8.5′ and acidified fog chamber from 7′ x 4′ x 4′.
- Temperature/altitude up to 80,000 feet, acoustic noise, wind-driven rain up to 100 mph, fire resistance, explosive atmosphere, sand/dust, solar load, HALT/HASS ramp rate up to 140°C per minute and 34 Grms and T-Shock.
- Testing to MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-202, MIL-STD-167, MIL-PRF 28800, DO 160, ISTA, ASTM, IEC 60529, NEMA 250, GR 13, 49, 63, 487, 937, 3115, 3108, 3125 and 3178, UL 50, ETSI 300-019-xx, IEC 60068-2-xx.
Product Safety Testing
NTS provides product safety testing and approvals for manufacturers seeking CE certifications, CB reports and listings with UL, TUV and CSA. Our services include:
- In-house product safety lab for agency-witnessed testing programs.
- Preliminary construction review and testing.
- Ability to issue CE certification reports.
- Approvals held for ITE, telecom, radio, medical, test and measurement, audio/video and consumer electronics products.
Wireless services include RF and DFS testing and certifications for North America via our TCB/CCB status. We also provide radio testing and approval services for the EU, South Korea, Australia and Taiwan. As a Verizon-certified Independent Test Lab, NTS provides the highest quality NEBS testing services to manufacturers of Telecom/ITE equipment:
- RF regulatory and Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) testing.
- FCC-designated Telecommunications Certification Body.
- Wi-Fi, RFID, Bluetooth, ZigBee and other wireless capabilities.
- Approvals held for a wide range of domestic/international wireless testing standards.