T: 972.509.2566 | F: 972.509.0073
John Ngo - General Manager
NTS Plano – The Most Comprehensive EMI/EMC, Dynamics, and Environmental Test Services in North Texas
In central Texas, NTS Plano is a premier 95,000 square foot state-of-the-art laboratory serving the defense, aerospace, telecommunications (NEBS), commercial electronics, wireless, medical and automotive industries. We are ISO/IEC 17025 accredited under A2LA for a wide array of foreign and domestic product test standards across several major disciplines.
At NTS, we provide unmatched technical expertise in product testing, design mitigation, and project planning. Plus, we have one of the largest and most comprehensive networks of subject matter experts in the product certification industry. This combination of expertise, customer service, capability, and capacity fast tracks the product certification process — allowing customers to bring products to market faster and more affordably than ever before.
As world-class product compliance laboratory, NTS Plano (CAGE code 4KDC2) offers a full range of EMI, EMC and ESD services. In addition, our Plano testing facility has the capacity and capability to meet just about any product test requirement at our laboratory, at your facility, or at the product installation site.
- Radiated susceptibility: Up to 200 V/m, frequency range 10k Hz–40GHz, Antenna Pattern Testing up to 40 GHz
- HERO testing, RADHAZ
- EMP testing to 100 kV/m
- Personnel ESD to 30 kV and vertical lift ESD to 300 kV
- Magnetic field immunity to 1600 A/m
- Shielding effectiveness testing services per IEEE 299
- Cable Transfer Impedance Testing per SAE, EN, IEEE
3 and 10 Meter Chambers
Our NTS Plano facilities house 7 EMI chambers, including two 3 meter chambers and one 10 meter chamber up to 65’L with 12’ x 12’ vehicle door accredited for world-wide certification testing.
We also offer military and aerospace capabilities that cover RS 103, 200V/m, 10KHz to 40GHz, RS 105 EMP as well as indirect lightning effects and multiple burst/multiple stroke lightning up to Level 5 of DO160, Airbus and Boeing.
Simulated Lightning and EMP Highlights
- Lightning: Single and Multiple stroke, and Multiple burst indirect effects up to 10kV/10kA capabilities
- EMP testing to 100 kV/m
Reverberation Chamber for Accelerated EMC/EMI Testing
In keeping with our NTS practice of having the latest in testing equipment, our NTS Plano laboratory offers product testing services by means of our 100 MHz LUF Electromagnetic Reverberation chamber and direct illumination test method testing up to 12,000 V/m AM/FM/PM in frequency bands above 1 GHz.
At NTS, we have more than 50 years of electromagnetic compatibility testing experience. This means when it comes to mission-critical equipment that is expected to operate effectively in extreme environments, HIRF testing is the ideal way to test electrical and electronic systems.
We are the largest independent company for environmental and dynamics testing, with 26 facilities nationwide. Specifically, our NTS Plano location is a full-service environmental test facility capable of managing your environmental test programs for commercial and military. Our technicians and engineers are leading experts in the performance of an array of environmental simulations including thermal, shock, seismic, vibration and acoustic testing — to name just a few.
Our seismic simulation testing equipment includes the following capabilities:
- 10.5″ stroke, 20,000 force pounds, 0.6Hz–500Hz, testing to GR 63-CORE Zones 1–4
Our electro-dynamic shaker systems feature the following capabilities:
- Two T-2000 shakers, a T-1000, and a T-514 shaker; up to 3″ stroke, 9,000–25,000 force pounds, 5Hz–3,000Hz, Sine 25,000 pounds (111 kN) peak, Random 22,000 pounds
(98 kN) rms, Shock 50,000 pounds (311 kN) peak
- Up to 32 channels response, data acquisition and analysis; Static and dynamic load
- Acceleration chamber up to 200 RPM
Temperature, humidity and altitude testing form the backbone of many environmental testing requirements. In addition to testing for extreme thermal fluctuations and elevated levels of humidity, we can test products at simulated altitudes of up to 80,000 feet.
Some of our acceleration, sand and dust testing capabilities include:
- Wind-driven rain up to 100 mph
- Large scale sand & dust chambers to 74 mph
- Settling dust (ambient temp) and sand and dust combined
From design-level consultation and pre-compliance testing, to formal product qualification, the Plano team is truly a “one-stop-shop” for all your compliance needs. We specialize in product testing for the following markets:
- Defense (DoD)
- CE MARK
NTS Plano provides radio testing and approval services for North America, European Union, South Korea, Australia and Taiwan. Additionally, NTS Plano is one of five NTS Verizon/NEBS-certified facilities, committed to providing the highest quality testing services to manufacturers of Telecom/ITE equipment:
- RF regulatory and Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) testing
- FCC-designated Telecommunications Certification Body
- WiFi, RFID, Bluetooth, ZigBee and other wireless capabilities
- Approvals held for a wide range of domestic/international wireless testing standards
We test to MIL-STD 461, MIL-STD 704, MIL-STD 1399, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 and NEBS just to name a few. We do it all with the constant goal of helping you save time and money by achieving your compliance requirements quickly and efficiently, so you can expedite products to market without wasteful delays. From design-level consultation to pre-compliance testing to formal qualification testing services, plus finished product modifications, production sampling, international approvals management and field resolution, the Plano team is truly a comprehensive facility for all your compliance needs.
- 28 VDC, 115 VAC 60/400 Hz, 440 VAC 60 Hz single and 3 phase up to 45 kVA