T: 510.578.3500 | F: 510.440.9525
Anuj Kumar - General Manager
Environmental and Dynamics Testing in the Bay Area
NTS Silicon Valley (formerly Elliott Laboratories) is a world-class product compliance and regulatory laboratory providing a full range of services, including:
- Environmental testing
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT)
- Product safety
- Wired telecom
- International approvals
Let us save you time and money by helping you meet compliance requirements quickly and efficiently; so you bring your products to global markets without delays. From pre-compliance testing to international approvals management, NTS Silicon Valley is your sole source for all compliance and regulatory needs.
This facility is outfitted with state-of-the-art testing equipment that covers Thermal Stress and Extreme Environment Simulation, Shock and Vibration testing and EMC / Wireless testing. With such a wide spectrum of services, we can accommodate your needs … whether you’re competing in aerospace, defense, telecom, medical or consumer electronics.
Environmental and Dynamics Testing in Silicon Valley
Our 30,000 square foot testing center in Newark, CA is a Climatic, Environmental and Dynamics Product Testing Laboratory. It houses a wide range of highly advanced testing equipment and services, including shock and vibration testing, thermal stress and extreme environment simulation. Our client partners in aerospace, defense, telecom, medical and other industries choose NTS for unparalleled testing capabilities and technology, including:
- A large selection of temperature/humidity chambers, from 2′ x 2′ x 2′ to 18′ x 12′ x 12′ walk-in chambers.
- HALT Testing -100°C to +200°C, ramp rate 70°C/min, up to 60gRMS (5Hz to 5kHz), 3 cu. ft. table, 250 lb capacity.
- Specialty chambers such as:
- Temperature/altitude up to 80,000 ft.
- Temperature/humidity/altitude chamber up to 65,000 ft.
- Fire resistance
- Thermal shock
- Acoustic noise
- Salt Fog
- Hydroscopic dust
- Mixed Flow Gas (MFG)
- Electrodynamic shaker systems: Up to 2″ stroke, 9000 – 18,000 force pounds, 5Hz – 2,000Hz, Mechanical Shock
- Seismic system: 10.5″ stroke, 15,000 force pounds, 0.6Hz-500Hz
- Seismic testing to GR 63-CORE Zones 1-4
- Up to 19 channels response, data acquisition and analysis; Static and Dynamic Loads
- Sustained Acceleration Testing up to 37Gs and a 36″ radius
- Test Specifications include: MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-202, RTCA DO 160, ISTA, ASTM, NEMA, GR 12-CORE, GR 49-CORE, GR 63-CORE, GR 487-CORE, GR 937-CORE, GR 3115-CORE, UL 50, UL 94, ETSI 300-019-xx, IEC 60068-2-xx
EMC / EMI Testing and Engineering Services in the Bay Area
An integral component of the NTS nationwide network for EMI / EMC laboratories, Silicon Valley includes our 27,000 square foot testing center in Fremont, CA. Click here to see the full specifications and capabilities of this facility.
Product Safety Testing Services in the Bay Area
- Strategic relationships with UL, TUV, CSA.
- In-house product safety lab for agency-witnessed testing programs.
- Preliminary construction review and testing services.
- Ability to issue CE certification reports.
- Approvals held for ITE, test and measurement, audio/video, radio, telecom, consumer electronics and certain medical device types.
Timely, Efficient NEBS Testing
Need NEBS testing? We’ve got you covered through a network of Verizon-certified labs. NTS provides large-scale engineering services and program management to help you understand and comply with stringent NEBS standards. All with the goal of reducing non-compliances during product development and minimizing delays in time to market deployment. Our NEBS testing services include:
- Network of Verizon-certified independent test labs.
- Alignment of NEBS test reports with all RBOC requirements.
- Telcordia Telecom Related GR-XX-CORE testing.
- Full range of NEBS testing capabilities in one location.
Wireless Testing and Certification
From Bluetooth® to Wireless USB to ZigBee to RFID and all the various 802.11 standards including UltrawideBand (802.15) and WiMax (802.16) products, NTS has seen it all. We operate an FCC-certified Telecommunications Certification Body to expedite your formal grant of approval and get your product to market on schedule. We are also one of the few labs currently providing Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) testing services to manufacturers of 802.11(a/n) devices and other wireless technologies that operate in the 5GHz range. Wireless services include radio requirements, DFS testing and certifications for North America via our in house TCB. And for the European Union, NTS can issue Notified Body Opinions specific to the R&TTE Directive and the Radio Equipment Directive, RED. Wireless testing and certification services encompass:
- RF regulatory testing.
- Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) testing.
- FCC Telecommunications Certification Body.
- Wi-Fi, RFID, Bluetooth, ZigBee and other wireless capabilities.
- Approvals held for a wide range of domestic/international wireless testing standards.
Over-the-Air (OTA) Testing
NTS Silicon Valley executes Over-the-Air Antenna Testing in our state-of-the-art OTA chamber. As many IoT and M2M devices become increasingly more compact, antennas are sometimes forced to be placed near other antennas, displays, computer processors or high-speed memory. All of which can interfere and degrade a device’s OTA performance. In addition to power measurements, OTA testing can perform sensitivity measurements to illustrate how internal components are affecting RF radio performance. This allows product developers to see where the issues are during normal operation and how they are impacting the product’s performance.
10 Microphone Acoustic Testing Array
NTS Silicon Valley recently upgraded our acoustic noise data acquisition system from a single microphone to a 10 microphone array. This setup can capture multiple sound pressure measurements or an entire sound power field instantaneously. You can test different product configurations during a single day-long test session, which can expedite troubleshooting and time to market.