T: 510.578.3500 | F: 510.440.9525
Anuj Kumar - General Manager
NTS Silicon Valley — Providing World-Class Environmental and Dynamics Testing in the Bay Area
NTS Silicon Valley — formerly Elliott Laboratories — is the Bay Area’s world-class product compliance and regulatory laboratory providing a full range of services, including:
- EMC/EMI including 5 and 10-meter chambers
- Product safety
- Verizon ITL for NEBS testing
- Wireless certification and testing including over-the-air (OTA) testing
- Environmental testing including temperature and humidity
- Robust dynamics capabilities
- International certification services
- 10 microphone acoustic testing
Let us save you time and money by helping you meet compliance requirements quickly and efficiently; so you bring your products to global markets without delays. From pre-compliance testing to international approvals management, NTS Silicon Valley is your sole source for all compliance and regulatory needs.
This facility is outfitted with state-of-the-art testing equipment that covers Thermal Stress and Extreme Environment Simulation, Shock and Vibration testing and EMC / Wireless testing. With such a wide spectrum of services, we can accommodate your needs … whether you’re competing in aerospace, defense, telecom, medical or consumer electronics.
EMC/EMI Testing Including 5 and 10-Meter Chambers
An integral component of the NTS nationwide network for EMI / EMC laboratories, Silicon Valley includes our 27,000 square foot testing center in Fremont, CA. Click here to see the full specifications and capabilities of this facility.
Product Safety Testing Services in the Bay Area
- Strategic relationships with UL, TUV, CSA.
- In-house product safety lab for agency-witnessed testing programs.
- Preliminary construction review and testing services.
- Ability to issue CE certification reports.
- Approvals held for ITE, test and measurement, audio/video, radio, telecom, consumer electronics and certain medical device types.
Verizon ITL for NEBS Testing
For timely and efficient Network Equipment Building Systems (NEBS) testing, you simply cannot beat the service provided by our network of Verizon-certified labs. Especially from our NTS Silicon Valley facility, we can provide you with turnkey solutions — including program management and large-scale engineering services — to assist you in understanding and meeting even the strictest NEBS standards set by network providers.
With the goal of eliminating as many non-compliance issues during product development as possible, we help you minimize costly delays in time to market deployment.
Our NEBS testing services include:
- Access to our NTS network of Verizon-certified independent test labs
- Alignment of NEBS test reports with all RBOC requirements
- Comprehensive NEBS testing capabilities in one location
- Telcordia Telecom Related GR-XX-CORE testing
Wireless Certification and Testing Including Over-the-Air (OTA) Testing
From Bluetooth® to Wireless USB to ZigBee to RFID and all the various 802.11 standards including UltrawideBand (802.15) and WiMax (802.16) products, NTS has seen it all. We operate an FCC-certified Telecommunications Certification Body to expedite your formal grant of approval and get your product to market on schedule.
We are also one of the few labs currently providing Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) testing services to manufacturers of 802.11(a/n) devices and other wireless technologies that operate in the 5GHz range. Wireless services include radio requirements, DFS testing and certifications for North America via our in house TCB. And for the European Union, NTS can issue Notified Body Opinions specific to the R&TTE Directive and the Radio Equipment Directive, RED.
Wireless testing and certification services encompass:
- RF regulatory testing.
- Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) testing.
- FCC Telecommunications Certification Body.
- Wi-Fi, RFID, Bluetooth, ZigBee and other wireless capabilities.
- Approvals held for a wide range of domestic/international wireless testing standards.
NTS Silicon Valley also executes Over-the-Air Antenna Testing in our state-of-the-art OTA chamber. As many IoT and M2M devices become increasingly more compact, antennas are sometimes forced to be placed near other antennas, displays, computer processors or high-speed memory. All of which can interfere and degrade a device’s OTA performance.
In addition to power measurements, OTA testing can perform sensitivity measurements to illustrate how internal components are affecting RF radio performance. This allows product developers to see where the issues are during normal operation and how they are impacting the product’s performance.
Our 30,000 square foot testing center in Newark, CA is a Climatic, Environmental and Dynamics Product Testing Laboratory. It houses a wide range of highly advanced testing equipment and services, including shock and vibration testing, thermal stress and extreme environment simulation. Our client partners in aerospace, defense, telecom, medical and other industries choose NTS for unparalleled testing capabilities and technology, including:
- A large selection of temperature/humidity chambers, from 2′ x 2′ x 2′ to 18′ x 12′ x 12′ walk-in chambers.
- HALT Testing -100°C to +200°C, ramp rate 70°C/min, up to 60gRMS (5Hz to 5kHz), 3 cu. ft. table, 250 lb capacity.
- Specialty chambers such as:
Test Specifications include: MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-202, RTCA DO 160, ISTA, ASTM, NEMA, GR 12-CORE, GR 49-CORE, GR 63-CORE, GR 487-CORE, GR 937-CORE, GR 3115-CORE, UL 50, UL 94, ETSI 300-019-xx, IEC 60068-2-xx
We offer a wide selection of advanced environmental testing services. Among these services, our robust dynamics capabilities are a sub-category that is in high demand.
Included in dynamics testing are various physical stress tests that range from acceleration and vibration testing to fatigue, shock and drop tests.
Some of our dynamics testing highlights include:
- Electrodynamic shaker systems: Up to 2″ stroke, 9000 – 18,000 force pounds, 5Hz – 2,000Hz, Mechanical Shock
- Seismic system: 10.5″ stroke, 15,000 force pounds, 0.6Hz-500Hz
- Seismic testing to GR 63-CORE Zones 1-4
- Up to 19 channels response, data acquisition and analysis; Static and Dynamic Loads
- Sustained Acceleration Testing up to 37Gs and a 36″ radius
We can help you achieve compliance and secure the requisite certifications for access to regional and global markets. Our international certification services are ideal for manufacturers looking for a cost-effective solution to getting to markets sooner with the minimum amount of delays.
At NTS, we put our skills and knowledge of product compliance and project management to work for you, so you have an accurate picture of the approval process and status of your product’s deployment.
From North and South America to Europe, Asia and beyond, our international approval services are highly valued by manufacturers looking to maintain and/or expand their global market presence.
10 Microphone Acoustic Testing Array
NTS Silicon Valley recently upgraded our acoustic noise data acquisition system from a single microphone to a 10 microphone array. This setup can capture multiple sound pressure measurements or an entire sound power field instantaneously. You can test different product configurations during a single day-long test session, which can expedite troubleshooting and time to market.