T: 847.934.5300 | F: 847.934.4600
Gary Ostendorf - General Manager
Full Service Chicago EMI / EMC and Environmental Testing Lab
NTS Chicago, formerly Trace Laboratories, has over 30 years of experience meeting customers’ needs and providing testing solutions.
We have recently completed moving from our Palatine facility to our newly constructed 40,000 square foot facility in Mt. Prospect, Illinois. Click here to view the time lapse video of the construction of our new EMI/EMC, reverberation chamber and more.
NTS Chicago can perform a myriad of tests on materials, subsystems and final products. Our location now includes full EMI capabilities and blowing sand and dust to complement our vibration, thermal shock and cycling, temperature humidity, acceleration, corrosion, altitude and HALT/HASS testing. Plus, we can easily handle both standard and custom test designs.
What sets us apart from our competition? Our clients say it all: NTS Chicago tops the list in quoting responsiveness, personal service and technical expertise. For straightforward quotes, our turnaround target is one working day. If you have technical questions or need help designing a test plan, you’ll work directly with our technical experts so we can better serve you in product validation.
The Proven Expertise to Deliver Tangible Benefits
During more than three decades of experience partnering with clients, NTS Chicago has provided, and continues to deliver, notable gains in product compliance, reliability and durability through seamless communication and program management. With the addition of a full suite of EMC capabilities, we are now your single-source solution for qualification for EMC and environmental simulation requirements covering military, avionics, automotive, off-road automotive and aerospace.
EMI / EMC Testing for All
For electromagnetic interference and electromagnetic compatibility testing services, turn to NTS. We serve all types of industries, including heavy machinery (farm/tractor) and industrial components, automotive systems and subsystems, consumer electronics, medical devices, aerospace and energy.
Chicago EMI / EMC Testing Highlights
- Radiated E-Field Emissions
- Radiated H-Field Emission
- Conducted Emissions AC Mains
- Conducted Emissions Telecomm
- AC Power Line Harmonics
- AC Power Line Flicker
- Power Quality
- Radiated E-Field Immunity
- Power Frequency H-Field Immunity
- Conducted Immunity
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Immunity
- Electrical Fast Transient/Burst Immunity
- Surge Immunity
- Voltage Dips, Short Interruptions and Voltage Variation Immunity
- Automotive Transients, Load Dumps
- Indirect effects lightning
- 5-meter semi-anechoic chamber with 10’ x 10’ door, 12,000 lb capacity turntable, vehicle exhaust system and troubleshooting projection screen inside the chamber.
- Large, sectioned ground plane with pre-configured commercial immunity stations for expedited testing.
- Four EMI test chambers
- Reverberation Chamber for testing above 400MHz
- Full vehicle automotive testing
- Specifications covered:
- Automotive Testing to JDQ 53.3, JDQ 202, JDQ 203, load dumps, transients
- Commercial Product Testing – FCC, EMC Directive, CISPR, 61000-X-X
- Medical Directive Testing – 60601-1-2
- Military; MIL-STD-461 (D,E,F)
- Avionics RTCA/DO-160 (D,E,F,G)
- Other customer standards as requested
Above-and-Beyond Environmental and Dynamic Testing
NTS Chicago employs state-of-the-art equipment to facilitate vibration profiles, including random, sinusoidal and mechanical shock. Working with systems capable of up to 25,000 force pounds, NTS can test products with heavy payloads and aggressive profiles; performing numerous tests to ASTM, GM, IEC, ISTA, MIL-STD-202, MIL-STD-810, RTCA-DO-160 and customized profiles to simulate and accelerate real-world conditions. Our dynamics lab capabilities can conduct impact, free-fall drop and transit/transportation testing. Testing can also be performed while controlling temperature, whether it is steady state or thermal cycling.
In addition to testing, our team of engineers offers turnkey solutions, including field-data replication, fixture design, fixture characterization, resonance detection, transmissibility and dampening functions. And to be absolutely sure your every need is covered, NTS offers quick, on-site modifications via our internal machine/tool shop — staffed with experts who are familiar with Solidworks, ProE and CAD software.
- Temperature / Humidity Testing
- Nine Standing Temp/Humidity Chambers
- Two Walk-in Temp/Humidity Chambers (11’ x 12’ and 6’ x 8’)
- Temperature ranges -70 to 130°C
- Humidity control throughout condensing range of 5 to 90°C
- Altitude Chamber
- 100,000 feet with temperature -55 to 150°C
- Rapid Decompression
- Thermal Shock/Thermal Cycling
- Nine Single-Zone Thermal Cycling Chambers (varying sizes up to 36” x 36”x 36”)
- 10 Dual-Zone Thermal Shock Chambers (20” x 20”x 18” test volume) -75 to 200° C
- Large Dual-Zone Thermal Shock Chamber (42” x 42” x 42” test volume)
- Icing/Freezing Rain
- Blowing Sand – Wind speed greater than 18 m/s, ambient at 55°C
- Blowing Dust – Wind speed from 1.5 m/s to over 20 m/s at ambient and 55°C
- Settling Dust per IP5X and IP6X (under pressure)
- Explosive Atmosphere
- Ingress Protection IPXX
- Water Spray / Water Jetting
- Salt Fog / Salt Spray
- CASS testing
- Solar Radiation
- Gravel Bombardment
- Chemical Compatibility / Chemical Resistance
- Advanced cycling and abrasion testing
- HALT/HASS Chambers (30” x 30” x 30” and 48” x 48”x 48”)
- Vibration – 25,000 force pound, 18,000 force pound, 6,500 force pound electrodynamic shakers
- Vibration at Temperature
- Constant Acceleration / Centrifuge
- Loose Cargo Vibration
- Package Drop
- ISTA Package Testing