T: 870.574.0031 | F: 870.574.0037
Brandon Jennings - Operations Manager
Welcome to the NTS National Ordnance and Ballistic Test Center
Located within the original 68,000-acre Shumaker Naval Ammunition Depot and a portion of Highland Industrial Park is our National Ordnance and Ballistic Test Center. It’s equipped to safely conduct a wide array of severe and dangerous tests on weapon systems, ordnance, rocket motors, hazardous materials and commercial products. NTS Camden is one of the most complete ordnance test facilities in the country—developed to meet the manufacturing and testing needs of the weapons industry now and into the future.
Unmatched Defense Industry and Ballistics Testing Capabilities
This multidisciplinary test facility is your source for safe, cost-effective and error-free testing of ordnance, munitions and hazardous materials—including climatic and dynamics testing, functional trials and live firings. The Center features:
- Rocket range
- Indoor and outdoor medium-caliber test ranges
- Drop tower facility
- Large concrete storage magazines for ordnance
- More than 35,000 square feet of enclosed, digitally-controlled environmental conditioning buildings
- Fully instrumented small, medium and large caliber ranges
- Calibers up to 155 mm
- Ranges to 3000 meters
- Arena Testing of warheads and weapons
- Shoulder fired weapons testing
- Ballistic limit (V50) of materials and projectiles
- Complete MIL-STD-2105 insensitive munitions testing
- Single and Dual MIL-STD-2105 fragment impact testing
- External fire, fast and slow cook-off testing
- Bullet impact testing using small, medium caliber ammunition
- MIL-DTL-901E Lightweight Shipboard Shock
- Complete environmental, dynamics and shock facility
- 11′ x 26′ temperature/humidity/altitude chamber is capable of reaching temperatures from -80o to 170o F and simulating altitudes of up to 90,000′
- Certified Performance Orientated Package Testing (POP)
- Non-bulk packages in accordance with 49CFR intended for shipping hazardous materials
- Types of packages approved include: Metal drums and jerricans; fiberboard, wood, and plastic boxes
- Lithium battery performance and safety testing
- Handle and store explosives, propellants and ordnance class 1.1v
NTS performs vibration testing up to 40,000 force pounds on hazardous test items like warheads. Our hazardous material shakers function at a temperature range of -150° to 300°F. Vibration systems are housed in a dedicated building suited for 1,000 pounds of Class 1.1 explosives.
For more Information, download the NTS Camden fact sheet for complete details on specifications, tests and capabilities.
Or if you’re ready to roll on your next program, Request a Quote today.