T: 978.266.1001 | F: 978.266.1073
Clayton Forbes - Operations Manager
EMC, Wireless, Product Safety, and Environmental Services
NTS Boxborough is a full service engineering and testing facility, capable of managing your most complex programs. With the addition of two new buildings, a 10-meter anechoic chamber, and our new reverberation chamber, NTS Boxborough has tripled in size and capacity.
Environmental, Dynamics and Hydraulic Testing
NTS is the largest independent company for environmental/dynamics testing with facilities located worldwide. NTS Boxborough is a full service environmental test facility capable of managing your environmental test programs in the commercial, military, defense, telecom and medical markets. Our technicians and engineers are recognized experts in the performance of a wide array of environmental simulations including thermal, shock, seismic, hydraulics and vibration fixture design. Capabilities include 20 temperature chambers, six of which are walk-in temperature/humidity chambers. It has seven electro-dynamic shakers, ranging from 10,000 force-pounds up to our 40,000 force-pound Unholtz-Dickie T-4000. We also have three shock towers, including a 20 foot drop test tower platform and a 4′ by 4′ seismic table.
Environmental Testing Highlights
- 32 temperature or temperature/humidity chambers from 2′ x 2′ x 2′ to six walk-in chambers as large as 8.5′ x 9/5′ x 12′
- 8′ x 8′ x 10′ Temperature/altitude chamber up to 40,000ft
- 4′ x 4′ x 4′ temperature altitude chamber up to 70,000 ft
- Acoustic noise
- Salt fog chambers
- Wind driven rain up to 100 mph, icing/freezing rain
- Fire resistance in our new building for NEBS and a 20′ x 20′ fire chamber
- Explosive atmosphere
- Settling dust chamber
- Solar load test – heat load
- HALT/HASS testing from -100°C to 200°C and up to 50Grms (5-5000Hz)
- Hydraulics test such as endurance, impulse, burst and proof pressure, cracking and reseat pressure, high and low temperature (fluid and/or environment), leakage. Static pressures up to 30,000 psig, temperatures from minus 55°C to 135°C, and flows of 40 GPM can be achieved. Fuels, Phosphate Ester (Skydrol) and Hydrocarbon test stands are available.
Primary Specifications: MIL-STD 810, MIL-STD 202, RTCA DO160, ISTA, ASTM, NEMA, GR 63-CORE, GR 487-CORE, GR 13-
CORE, UL 50, ETSI 300-019-xx, IEC 60068-2-xx
Dynamics Testing Highlights
Electro-Dynamic Shaker Systems
- NEW! T2000-3-PB 3″ Stroke, 25,000 force lbs sine, 23,000 force lbs random, 67,000 force lbs shock, F2000 Field Power Supply and Heat Exchanger (2-bays), Series / Parallel stators for high SRS shock
- T4000 1.75″ Stroke, 120″/Second, Velocity 40,000 force lbs.
- T4000 1.0″ Stroke, 90″/Second, Velocity 28,000 force lbs.
- T1000 (4 Systems) 1″ Stroke, 90″/Second, Velocity 19,000 force lbs.
- V-895 2.5″ Stroke, 65″/Second, Velocity 13,000 force lbs.
- 16 KIP 10″ Stroke, 40″/Second, 4′ Square Tables
- 40″ Arm, 100g’s
Static and Dynamic Loading
Primary Specifications: MIL-STD 810, MIL-STD 202, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-740, MIL-STD-167, RTCA DO160, ISTA, ASTM,
GR 63-CORE, ATIS, GR 487-CORE, GR 13-CORE, ETSI 300-019-xx, IEC 60068-2-xx
Hydraulic Testing and FAA Fire Testing
Custom test set-ups for hydraulic and FAA fire testing are also available.
EMC / EMI Testing Capabilities
NTS Boxborough, part of the NTS nation-wide network of EMI/EMC laboratories, provides EMC/ EMI/ESD capabilities with expertise in testing to military, aerospace, telecommunications, electronics, nuclear, and other global industry specifications. Military and aerospace capabilities include immunity testing up to 200 V/m from 10kHz to 40GHz, as well as Electrical Power Characteristics testing for ground, aircraft, shipboard, and submarine applications. NTS has recently installed a copper lined reverberation chamber coupled with state-of-the-art amplifiers capable of meeting DO-160 Category L levels from 100 MHz to 18 GHz. Additional capabilities include lightning simulation indirect effects, and ESD up to 30kV.
Military and aerospace capabilities include immunity testing up to 200v/m from 10kHz to 40GHz and electrical power characteristics testing for ground, aircraft, shipboard and submarine.
NEBS and International Certifications
NTS certifies telecommunications products to NEBS as well as international standards. We provide complete certification of information technology, industrial and other commercial electronic products as well as global EMC and product safety regulatory standards.
EMI / EMC / ESD Testing Highlights
- Radiated Susceptibility ~ 200V/m, frequency range 10kHz to 40GHz
- Radiated Emissions ~ 30Hz to 40GHz
- Reverberation Chamber meets DO-160 Category L levels, 100 MHz to 18 GHz, up to 40GHz
- Lightning-multiple stroke, multiple burst, Level 5 D0-160 D/E/F capability
- 3M semi-anechoic chambers and multiple shielded chambers (16′ x 20′, 18′ x 20′)
- Electrical power characteristics for aircraft, shipboard, ground, and submarine
- Airborne and structure-borne noise
- Electrostatic discharge up to 30kV
- AC powercross
Primary Specifications: MIL-STD 461/462, RTCA DO 160, Boeing D6-36440, Boeing D6-44588, Boeing D6-16050, MIL-STD 704A, MIL-STD 1275, IEEE C37.90.1, IEEE C37.90.2, IEEE 1613 GR 1089-CORE, GR 57-CORE, GR 487-CORE, FCC part 15, FCC part 18 EN 61000-6-2, EN61000-6-3, EN 300386, EN55024, EN 55022, EN 55011, EN 61000-4-xx, EN 61000-3-xx, K20, K21. MIL-STD 704, MIL-STD 1399 section 300A, MIL-STD 740-1
Here at NTS Boxborough, our engineers have extensive knowledge of current test and conformity requirements, both domestic and international. We can assist you with product assessment, define the proper requirements for design, outline the test program and provide quality verification to achieve maximum customer acceptance and cost savings.
Click here to download the NTS Boxborough fact sheet for more details on specifications, tests, and capabilities. Contact us today to discuss your next program!