Test TechnicianJanuary 4, 2018
NTS in Anaheim, CA, is seeking a Materials Test Technician to perform Dimensional Properties testing in accordance with industry standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform, Flammability, Copper Purity, Tensile/Elongation and other testing in accordance with industry standards using recognized applicable instrumentation
- Be responsive and sensitive to the needs of all of our internal and external customers. Willingness must be demonstrated to take ownership for and follow through on a response to our customer requests and issues
- Record and prepare test data for customer reports
- Maintain accurate and timely test logs
- Improve laboratory and or quality activities on a continuous basis
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
- 2+ years minimum experience working in a commercial materials laboratory or related field performing commercial materials testing OR we will consider knowledge of commercial material standards, particularly certain ASTM, UL, and IPC test methods or mechanical testing experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Strong desire to work within a team environment
- Strong commitment to ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Strong commitment to meet project timelines
- Willingness to learn and to teach others
- Willing to be cross-trained for other department duties, as needed
- Test lab with exposure to sudden, loud noises.
- Some use of chemicals and flames with PPE
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Apply For This Position
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org