Test TechnicianJanuary 22, 2019
NTS in Boxborough, MA is seeking a Test Technician (vibration/shock). We will consider someone who is mechanically inclined with an automotive repair background OR military avionics/vehicle repair background OR someone who has experience with refrigeration and thermal systems. Must be mechanically inclined and hands-on and able to work in a fast- paced environment which can change daily.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Ability to independently perform test set-ups, operate and adjust test equipment for shock, vibration and thermal tests
• Read testing specifications from technical documents, identify and prepare test equipment including electrical set-ups
• Data collection utilizing vibration/thermal control systems, thermocouples and accelerometers.
• Operate thermal chambers
• Troubleshooting of test set-ups when required
• Troubleshoot and repair problems with equipment and systems when required
• Throughout test process, verify, review and document all data
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test, DMV and background check
• Shock, climatics, vibration or thermal testing experience OR we will consider someone who is mechanically inclined with an automotive repair background or military avionics/vehicle repair background OR someone who has experience with refrigeration and thermal systems
• Ability to read and understand test procedures, technical documents, and schematics to identify and prep test equipment including electrical set-ups
• Expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word)
• Military experience is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org