Stress EngineerApril 1, 2019
NTS in Huntsville, AL is seeking a Senior Stress Engineer. The engineer will analyze (FEA) fabricated structures used for vibration, mechanical, shock and acoustic testing on aerospace, defense, commercial and other industrial components. This is a fast- paced, but exciting career opportunity where decisions will be recognized as authoritative and have an impact on services and related activities for the division.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and a DMV and background check
• Degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited university is desired. Degree in related fields will also be considered. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience
• Proficiency in one or more of the major commercial finite element codes (e.g., FEMAP, PATRAN, NASTRAN, ABAQUS).
• Demonstrated experience in conceptual design
• Experience in the application of finite element methods and the assessment of failure mechanisms such as rupture, yield, buckling, and fatigue.
• Experience in analysis of joints containing mechanical fasteners or welds.
• Self-motivated, dependable, and responsible person requiring little direct supervision
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills are a must
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Demonstrated experience with cradle-to-grave design lifecycle
• Familiarity with CAD software packages with the ability to manipulate CAD
• Demonstrated experience with releasing CAD drawings
• Demonstrated experience with conceptual structural design
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com