Safety Specialist (EHS)September 15, 2018
NTS is seeking a Safety Specialist with Industrial Safety background who will be responsible for identifying and anticipating safety concerns and hazards, developing and enforcing safety systems, and policies and procedures for the Santa Clarita, Ca. facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for the day- to-day safety activities of the Santa Clarita facility including PPE selection, training, regulatory compliance, conducting safety audits and generate reports as required.
• Guides and promotes safe work practices by developing safety policies and local procedures, campaigns and communications.
• Train facility management and staff on safety, corporate and local procedures.
• Enforce corporate safety policies by conducing inspections, audits, reporting safety statistics and counseling employees.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as well as NTS safety policy by maintaining a thorough knowledge of existing and new legislation by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies and establishing professional networks.
• Interprets safety standard, and enforce adherence to current regulations and advising management on needed actions.
• Adheres to budgets and schedules expenditures.
Initiates corrective actions as needed.
• Manages local environmental activities including, but not limited to, SCAQMD, SMARTS, CUPA, Local Sanitation Agency, State Water Board and other environmental reporting as required.
• This position will be responsible for maintaining Environmental, Health and Safety licenses and permits for the facility.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test, DMV and background check
• Will be a “Trained trainer” and skilled at industrial level training
• Degree and certifications in Safety or Environmental Science
• Minimum of 4 years of related work experience in EH&S in Industrial Safety with a record of experience and proven success in Safety, accident prevention/reduction and environmental certifications/licenses
• Must have ability to work with and clear understanding of the permitting process of the following: AQMD, SCAQMD, CUPA, State Water Board and Sanitation Agency
• Must possess extensive knowledge of federal and state laws regarding safety regulations and OSHA
• Highly desired are Certificates in Safety Management (CSM, ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST) or REA Certification
• Must be a high energy self-starter with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the NTS organization as well as State Environmental Agencies
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org