RF/EMC EngineerApril 4, 2018
NTS in Fremont is seeking a Sr. RF/EMC Engineer to perform evaluation of designs and testing of a wide array of products to confirm compliance with applicable EMI/EMC/RF commercial requirements. You will evaluate and approve radio products in accordance with FCC, TCB, ISED Canada CB, and EU NB program requirements. Please read “Required Skills” bolded below before applying.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present and future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• Candidates must have a BSEE, BSEET, or BS in Physics plus at least 5 years of direct experience working in an EMC testing laboratory OR we will consider 10 years direct EMC experience in lieu of a degree
• Regulatory expert with North American and European technical and administrative product authorization rules for intentional radiators including RF, EMC and RF and electrical safety technical standards and authorization systems (Europe: RED, EMCD, LVD, US: FCC Unintentional, licensed and unlicensed transmitters, Canada: ISED Canada RSS, RSP and ICES standards
• Expert understanding of the RF/EMC related technology and equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, RF Amplifiers, etc.
• Strong comfort and ability to plan and manage multiple projects, set priorities, and work independently under aggressive timelines
• Expert ability to independently perform mitigation & debug efforts for both a decrease of emissions as well as hardening of system immunity
• Systematic approach and experience in the preparation of test plans, review of test data, and approval of reports
• Experience with NEBS, Medical Devices, military and aerospace testing a plus
• iNARTE Certificate a plus
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com