Operational Excellence DirectorApril 17, 2018
NTS is seeking an experienced and highly-successful operational improvement leader to fill our Director, Operational Excellence role. This role is responsible for developing, implementing and continuously improving NTS’s Operational Processes to create success for both our operations and to serve our customers and conduct business more efficiently/effectively.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• This position is responsible for selective issues related to operational excellence methodologies, techniques, tools and training. In addition, this leader may also support quality and operations improvement efforts with measurable results that support customer satisfaction and increased profitability.
• Responsibilities will be Include crafting and delivering a holistic and strategic approach to operational improvement which provide process improvements that creates success. The goal is to ensure NTS have best-in-class techniques and tools to improve customer experience and account/offering profitability.
• The Operational Excellence strategy will outline the specific steps necessary to build out organizational processes, ensure adoption and training as well as measure progress. Major elements of the strategy will include suggested methodologies, tools and techniques; team engagement methods to include account/offering workshops, group training and self-service learning; and metrics to gauge progress.
• The role is also accountable for implementing the Operational Excellence strategy and reporting on results to senior management. You will engage at a variety of levels, including the NTS Corporate, throughout each regional VP’s and site-leaders to help develop and implement operational excellence plans with these key stakeholders.
• Create a realistic but aggressive implementation plan to implement state-of-the-art approaches, tools, techniques and collateral materials leveraging industry best practices and other sources.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical/science field
• 10 years applicable experience in engineering/process improvement/quality/lean disciplines with a demonstrated record of success in implementing new corporate processes
• Six Sigma Certification is preferred
• It is vital to be able to influence and support key Operations and Functional Area leaders. You must have the ability to clearly and effectively present new ideas and concepts. It is also critical to be able to balance time and effort between longer term strategic initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Industry experience in consulting, professional, or managed services companies is a plus
• Candidates must have experience with LEAN management practices, specifically GEMBA boards, 5S, value-stream mapping and root-cause analysis
• Past success in developing and implementing t a raining plan for operational techniques, ensuring the widest practical dissemination of the methods via group training, workshops and self-study materials. Create and implement a plan to work with the Regional VP’s on improvement initiatives which address both customer satisfaction and improved profitability.
• Must be a self-starter, well organized and detail oriented
• Must be comfortable working within a matrixed report setting, and be able to provide leadership in process improvement
• Must be able to travel 50% of the time within the NTS facilities in the US and Canada
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org