Nuclear Safety Product Test EngineerJanuary 11, 2019
NTS in Huntsville, AL is seeking a recent BSME or BSEE graduate for a Nuclear Third Party Qualification Project Engineer position. Nuclear/Energy or commercial Grade Item Dedication knowledge or experience is highly desired (projects or internships or work experience). In this position you will provide support and direction to customers, the department, and program managers.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Demonstrate and document the capability of equipment to perform safety-related functions and important to safety functions under applicable normal, abnormal, and design basis event service conditions including EMI/RFI, seismic, and environmental (radiation, thermal, steam) to reduce the risk of common-mode equipment failure.
• Apply engineering principles to develop solutions for equipment qualification and commercial grade item dedication problems
• Review/prepare requests for quote, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, specifications, and drawings for electronic, electrical, and mechanical equipment
• Prepare qualification plans, dedication plans, engineering evaluations, and test procedures, conduct testing, evaluate test data, and prepare documentation packages and test reports
• Verification and validation of firmware and software, cyber security vulnerability scanning, and tamper-evident tape application
• Analyze various components and materials for radiation, time-temperature, electro-mechanical cycling, and other significant aging mechanisms
• Develop and maintain thermal and radiation aging data
• Provide project support and customer liaison for equipment qualification and commercial grade item dedication activities
• Participating as a team member to accomplish departmental and corporate objectives
• Preparing/reviewing/approving quotations
• Resolving test equipment related issues and overseeing internal verification work related to test equipment and associated facilities
• Reviewing test data to ensure accuracy and conformance to requirements
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test, DMV and background check
• Relevant bachelor’s degree is required. BS in engineering discipline, such as BSEE or BSME, is strongly preferred; other relevant technical disciplines (e.g., physics) may be considered.
• Knowledge/experience of commercial grade item dedication or equipment qualification analysis and functional testing or nuclear industry experience (project or internship or work experience)
• Familiarity with the following codes, standards, and guidelines is a plus
• 10 CFR 21, Reporting of defects and noncompliance
• 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, Quality Assurance Criteria for Nuclear Power Plants and Fuel Reprocessing Plants
• 10 CFR 50.49, Environmental qualification of electric equipment important to safety for nuclear power plants.
• IEEE Std 323, IEEE Standard for Qualifying Class 1E Equipment for Nuclear Power Generating Stations
• IEEE Std 344, IEEE Recommended Practice for Seismic Qualification of Class 1E Equipment for Nuclear Power Generating Stations
• Other IEEE standards that present qualification methods for specific equipment
• EPRI 106439, Guideline on Evaluation and Acceptance of Commercial-Grade Digital Equipment for Nuclear Safety Applications
• EPRI 3002000528, Guidelines for Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing of Power Plant Equipment: Revision 4 to TR-102323.
• EPRI 3002002982, Plant Engineering: Guideline for the Acceptance of Commercial-Grade Items in Nuclear Safety-Related Applications: Revision 1 to EPRI NP-5652 and TR-102260
Office Setting and Test lab with exposure to the elements, and sudden, loud noises.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
Keywords: Equipment Qualification Test Engineer, Nuclear Safety Product Test Engineer, NTPQ Test Engineer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com