Mechanical Test EngineerFebruary 16, 2018
NTS in Belcamp, MD is seeking a Mechanical Test Engineer. This position will support the Engineering Team with mechanical, ballistic and sports equipment test expertise in the daily conduct of our testing services in accordance with established standards and accepted industry standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Applying good engineering practices assist with the design, development and implementation of ballistic and non-ballistic test tools and instrumentation suites to support their integration into the test laboratory capability.
- Provides engineering and development of instrumentation support, including but not limited to CT X-Ray scanner, metrology tools, high speed camera, conditioning chambers and Doppler radar.
- Assist with the preparation of test articles for testing in accordance with customer requirements and test specification standards.
- Prepare test/engineering reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing test data.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests from both internal and external sources.
- Maintain product and company reputation by ensuring that NTS-Chesapeake is in compliance with government regulations.
- Support NTS programs including Security. Also supports the NTS Quality Management Program by preforming analysis of range elements/range operations and develop engineering solutions to correct or improve the Quality Program.
- Assist Application Engineers as required.
- Assist in the development and writing of quotations for new and existing accounts.
- Assist in optimizing price on quotations by setting the most effective strategies for a particular situation with the goal of positioning NTS to win the work.
- Respond to technical questions from Sales staff and potential clients.
- Maintains a current awareness of the business objectives, unique strengths and competitive advantages and current capacity utilization for each type of service provided by focused facility/markets.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check.
- Bachelors of Science Degree with a minimum of 2 years of mechanical testing experience (ballistics, sports equipment or x-ray CT scanning experience. Will consider 5 years of mechanical testing experience (Material Testing) in lieu of a BS Degree.
- Past program management experience OR experience providing engineering support to sales personnel.
- Experience with mechanical testing equipment (CADEX drop tower or linear air cannon) a strong plus.
- Excellent customer interface skills are a must along with strong communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long range goals.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment and with limited supervision.
- Experience with the design and conduct of mechanical and sports equipment testing desired.
- Working knowledge of Military and Commercial specifications desired.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com