Mechanical Test EngineerJanuary 24, 2018
NTS is seeking a Dynamics/Vibration Test Engineer to work in the capacity of an Applications Engineer, providing engineering support to Sales and Operations by assisting in the day-to-day quoting process for proposals/quotations and bids for testing services to new and existing customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the day-to-day overall quoting process and assures the quotations are accurate and complete and delivered on time.
- Assists other Application Engineers as may be required.
- Develops and writes quotations for new and existing accounts.
- Optimizes price on quotations by setting the most appropriate strategies for a particular situation with the goal of positioning NTS to win the work.
- Communicate with the customers during the quoting process concerning technical issues, schedule and pricing.
- Works in cooperation with facility managers, regional sales managers, and customer service agents, toward setting appropriate winning strategies on quotations.
- Answers technical questions from Sales personnel and potential clients.
- Maintains a current awareness of the business objectives, unique strengths/ competitive advantages and current capacity utilization for each type of service provided by focused facilities/markets.
- Maintains current and on-going information regarding the capabilities and business climate of our competitors.
- Develops a keen understanding and on-going awareness of all aspects of the external environment affecting our business. In addition to the competition, this includes the economic and regulatory environments, supplier information, labor market conditions, and the industry/market trends for the various segments we serve and services NTS offers.
- Maintains an in-depth technical knowledge of all NTS services.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of the test methods that are utilized in the industry.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and be able to pass an extensive background check.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree preferred; however specific testing experience may compensate for educational requirements.
- Must be able to work with customers and internal sales managers to help sell testing services to prospective clients using the sale and testing tools from NTS. Strong customer interface skills are a must.
- Must have five (5) years’ experience in the laboratory testing field. We strongly desire Dynamics/Vibration Testing experience but will consider fluid flow, airflow, mechanical, environmental or climatic testing.
- Past program management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems and standards is required.
- Experience with costing and quoting for environmental testing is strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of Military and Commercial Specifications is strongly desired.
- Needs the ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals.
- Needs the ability to work both independently and in a team environment and with limited direction from management.
- Must have the ability to make formal presentations and make cold/warm calls on an on-going basis.
- Must maintain a good working knowledge of the test methods that are utilized in the industry.
- Must have the ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Experience with costing and quoting for mechanical testing desired
- Working knowledge of Military and Commercial Specifications desired
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com