Mechanical TechnicianFebruary 16, 2018
NTS is seeking a Test Technician. Responsibilities include performance of set-ups and hands-on environmental testing including dynamic/climatic/vibration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to independently perform test set-ups, operate and adjust test equipment for shock, vibration and thermal tests.
- Read testing specifications from technical documents, identify and prepare test equipment including electrical set-ups.
- Data collection utilizing vibration/thermal control systems, thermocouples and accelerometers.
- Operate thermal chambers
- Troubleshooting of test set-ups when required.
- Troubleshoot and repair problems with equipment and systems when required.
- Throughout test process, verify, review and document all data.
Required Education/Skills/ Experience:
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
- We are seeking 2+ years of environmental (shock, vibration, dynamics and or climatics) OR we will consider refrigeration, HVAC, mechanical, etc. experience
- Ability to read and understand test procedures.
- Understanding of mechanical systems; Basic understanding of refrigeration and thermal systems would a plus.
- Test experience preferred but not required. Military experience is a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Excellent communication skills with team members and clients. Must have client focus to ensure customer needs are met.
- Results oriented; sense of urgency while meeting quality and safety standards.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to tolerate stress and work in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of Military, Aerospace and commercial and compliance standards preferred.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org