Mechanical EngineerFebruary 6, 2018
NTS is a premier provider of third party test and evaluation services to the defense, aerospace, and telecommunications industries. We are seeking a Mechanical or Aerospace Engineer to play a pivotal role in supporting our customer requirements for project engineering, modeling, design and analysis. Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with 3D CAD software (Creo/ProE and SolidWorks preferred) for modeling and creation of technical drawings in accordance with the ASME Y14.5 standard.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and analysis of Defense and Aerospace systems and associated test fixtures using state of the art engineering software such as PTC – Creo, Creo Simulate, SolidWorks, LS-DYNA, ANSYS, NASTRAN, Autodesk Simulation CFD, and FloTHERM.
- Technical data package and engineering drawing preparation to industry standards.
- Project engineering to include test plan and test procedure preparation, test fixture design, test program execution, and test reporting, failure analysis/corrective action investigations
- Development of new and unique test methodologies related to defense and aerospace systems, subsystems, components, and materials.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and able to pass a drug screen and DMV and background check
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- >5 years of experience with 3D CAD software (Creo/ProE and SolidWorks preferred) for modeling and creation of technical drawings in accordance with the ASME Y14.5 standard
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills required; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding Military and Aerospace compliance standards
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to tolerate stress and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to share skills and knowledge with others and to delegate responsibility
- Experience with testing of Defense or Aerospace components or products, specifically in the areas of dynamics, environmental, and/or energetics preferred
- Experience with computational dynamic structural simulation with tools such as LS-Dyna or Creo Simulate desired, general FEA and CFD experience also preferred
- Experience with carbon fiber composite materials and methods of fabrication a plus
- Experience with instrumentation, collection, and processing of dynamic test data (acceleration, force, pressure, strain, etc.) preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or successful completion of FE exam preferred
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org