Mechanical Design EngineerDecember 3, 2018
NTS in Santa Clarita, CA is seeking a design engineer. This person will play a pivotal role in supporting our customer requirements for design, modeling, and analysis of dynamics testing, tooling, and fixtures.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Design and analysis of defense and aerospace dynamics (vibration and shock) test fixtures/tooling using state of the art engineering software: SOLIDWORKS, Creo/Pro-E and Creo Parametric/Creo Advanced Simulate.
• Technical data package preparation consisting of drawings and specifications to industry standards.
• Project engineering to include test preparation, test fixture design/development, fabrication and failure analysis/corrective action resolution.
• Provide resource estimates and technical approach documentation to application engineers in support of preparation of bids and proposals.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present and future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• BS and/or MS in Mechanical and/or Aerospace Engineering
• 3-5 years of mechanical design experience ( test fixture preferred) or we will consider mechanical design experience in aerospace
• 3D CAD software and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software tools (Solidworks or Creo)
• Experience with metals, carbon fiber composite materials and methods of fabrication
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Experience in working in a project team environment
• Experience with testing of Defense or Aerospace components or products, specifically in the areas of dynamics, and/or energetics preferred
• Experience with computational dynamic structural simulation with tools such as LS-Dyna or Creo Simulate desired, general FEA and CFD experience also preferred
• Experience with instrumentation, collection, and processing of dynamic test data (acceleration, force, pressure, strain, etc.) preferred
• Excellent people, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills required; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required
• Understanding Military & Aerospace compliance standards
• Ability to tolerate stress and work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to share skills and knowledge with others and to delegate responsibility
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or successful completion of FE exam a plus
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org