Materials Test TechnicianAugust 8, 2018
NTS in Baltimore, MD is seeking recent Chemistry/Biochemistry graduates (non medical) to operate as a Test Analyst to produce & analyze materials testing with minimal supervision or guidance.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Interpret technical instructions and log sheets including maintaining a log of reports and update management of project status as needed.
• Produces accurate, timely test data and / or reports
• Completes routine projects or tasks with minimal supervision or guidance, can also perform non-routine projects or tasks with direct guidance
• Proficient in technical writing, can clearly and concisely document the details of any performed tasks
• Maintain and organize equipment and instrumentation in a lab workspace
• Work with other NTS technicians, engineers, and customers as required
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test, DMV and background check
• Requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry and functional testing experience in a lab environment (This position is non-medical)
• Possess working knowledge or direct hands-on experience of instrumentation and data acquisition systems & ability to read and understand technical work instructions, drawings and specifications
• Strong computer skills with expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe and Web Portal emphasis on Excel
• Strong ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Expert verbal and written skills
• Must be local to MD
• Experience with Ion Chromatography & Fungus Resistance
• Reporting for functional testing is a strong plus
• Materials Science experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org