Materials Engineer (Recent Graduate)June 7, 2019
NTS (formerly Chesapeake Testing Systems) in Belcamp, MD, is seeking an eager and intelligent engineer for an NDT (Non-Destructive Testing)/Materials Test Engineering position. The right candidate will perform duties as directed by the department/project manager and assist with the daily operations of a materials and non-destructive testing laboratory.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for overseeing all functions of Computed Tomography/X-ray (CT/X-Ray) Department.
• Perform CT/X-ray testing and analysis tasks for customers and interacting with and presenting test data to customers.
• Interpret customer requests to develop customized processes and techniques as related to x-ray/CT.
• Become proficient utilizing the Volume Graphics Software to perform analyses on CT/X-ray data packages.
• Utilize Volume Graphics Software to perform reverse engineering and failure analysis of items under test.
• Operate laser-based metrology tools such as; FARO arm, CMM, laser profilometer.
• Oversee routine and scheduled preventative maintenance on CT/X-ray equipment.
• Apply industry accepted engineering practices to assist with the design, development and implementation of CT/X-ray laboratory to support their integration into the other laboratory’s capabilities.
• Assist in marketing efforts using the latest CT/x-ray imaging technology in order to identify and solve industry-wide problems.
• Participate in the CT/X-ray Radiation Safety Program.
• Assist with the preparation of equipment for shipping and receiving test materials.
• Assist with the management and control of expendable range supplies as directed.
• Support the company Quality Management Program and Security Program.
• Perform duties associated with range operations including the practice of good housekeeping, equipment maintenance, and the safe, proper handling and operating of company equipment.
• Responsible for implementing and complying with all security measures regarding customer efforts, customer information, security procedures, systems access, etc.
• Responsible for effective communications and coordination with your customer and supervisor.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and a DMV and background check
• Minimum of B.S. in preferably Electrical Engineering or Materials Engineering and any experience in CT/X-RAY/XCT OR any NTS specific/related testing (environmental, shock, vibration, materials, etc.) experience OR CAD design experience. Must be hands-on with strong mechanical aptitude.
• Proficient in modeling software (ProEng, Polyworks, Qualify, etc.)
• Knowledge or ability to learn NIJ and US Military test protocols
• Must have dexterity and the skills required to operate a ballistic test range. (Ammunition loading, clay management, ballistic test setup)
• Ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with customers, colleagues, and vendors.
• The ability to obtain a Security Clearance
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org