Instrumentation TechnicianMay 23, 2018
Seeking a Senior Instrumentation Technician assigned to the Instrumentation department. The Instrumentation department is responsible to provide Data Acquisition & Control Systems (DACS) and applicable calibrated instruments to meet test requirements on a variety of environmental tests, fluids and flow tests, and other tests for aerospace, defense, commercial, and other industrial components.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
The Senior Instrumentation Technician will be working in close coordination with other test departments, managers, and technical and support test personnel. Will define and implement test instrumentation systems for projects from start-to-finish. Responsibilities include but are not limited to following:
• Function as the project’s lead on assigned projects.
• Engineer (calculations, schematics, drawings, etc.) and implement DACS in support of test requirements, within the project scope.
• Conduct project meetings, work with in-house teams and vendors to procure and/or fabricate hardware and software components required for DACS.
• Implement system safety requirements to mitigate identified hazards with the test system.
• Develop DACS test and checkout procedures.
• Implementation of instrumentation test systems, including hands-on test system build-up, integration, checkouts, control tuning, troubleshooting, and operation of DACS.
• Oversee, support, and train the test team and other department personnel.
• Conduct data reduction operations, data download, and publication of test data.
• Support LabVIEW software development for improvements to data acquisition, control, data reporting, and analysis processes.
Project Management and Problem Solving
• Evaluate customer test specifications with regards to instrumentation requirements. Generate applicable labor and material estimates in development of new accounts/jobs.
• Develop concepts for DACS, including alternative approaches if needed to meet NTS budget, customer schedule, and test requirements.
• Provide technical, scheduling, cost, and risk management input.
• Support execution of projects at all stages.
• Manage the design, procurement, assembly and checkout of the instrumentation and control system within project schedule and financial requirements.
• Monitor overall performance during all phases of the project and develop and implement corrective action and recovery plans as necessary, including hands on troubleshooting.
• Identify project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity goals while maintaining safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain a working knowledge of and implement company policies and procedures (Quality, Safety, Operations).
• Support corporate initiatives such as process improvement, lean enterprise, quality metrics, safety goals, etc.
• Maintain proficiency on new and evolving DACS technology.
• Support the Department manager and continuously evaluate processes for improvements. Recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve department and site productivity.
• Help prioritize assignment of test equipment assets to support test.
• Will perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• BS in an engineering discipline and 3 years’ experience in instrumentation and control (test environment preferred) OR in lieu of a degree, we will consider 10+ years high level technical experience in specifying, programming and use of DACS (Data Acquisition and Control)
• Experience with Military and Aerospace and other commercial compliance standards
• Must be a self- starter, have the ability to consistently deliver performance with minimum supervision and maintain continuous communications with subordinates, peers and upper management personnel. Able to work in fast pace environment
• Ability to negotiate through conflicting demands for resources across departmental lines towards overall organizational success
• Ability to evaluate tools and processes to identify opportunities for improvement
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong ethics, common sense and the ability to work extended work days
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong computer skills and Microsoft applications
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com