Hydraulic Test TechnicianJune 1, 2018
NTS Santa Clarita has an exciting opportunity for a Hydraulic/Fluids Test Technician to support the testing of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components for the aerospace, defense and other industries.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide engineering and design support to technical projects for hydraulics, pneumatics, fuels, cryogenics, other fluid power systems, dynamics and environmental test equipment setups. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• With limited engineer supervision, build test setups, and perform tests according to customer’s specifications. Record data using Labview
• Prepare procedures, log sheets, and test reports as required
• Assist in the day-to-day overall quoting process at the assigned facility location(s) and assure the equipment and setups are ready and complete and delivered on time
• Assist Test Engineers on the team as may be required to meet overall company objectives
• Assist with proposals and quotes for new and existing accounts in DAX.
• Work with Test Engineers and Program Managers to understand test requirements, create purchase orders in DAX, and follow up with vendors to ensure correct and timely delivery of required test support items.
• Collaborate and work in cooperation with Facility Manager, Program Managers, Customer Service Agents and other operations and sales personnel toward executing profitable test strategies
• Answer technical questions from sales personnel and prospects
• Maintain current and on-going technical data and information in the testing industry regarding the current approaches, capabilities and business climate
• Maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of all NTS services
• Attend and actively participate in operations meetings as requested
• Maintain a working knowledge of all company policies and procedures and maintain proficiency on all company computer programs and operating systems
• Actively maintain a working knowledge of technical subjects and products assigned
• Maintain awareness of the competition and industry and product trends. Recommend new products to Product Development for R&D action and development of new test equipment
• Assist Program Managers, and other department personnel with test projects as necessary
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum 2 years direct or related testing experience
• Direct experience building and running pneumatics/hydraulics/fuels/cryogenics systems tests using a dedicated or custom built test stand highly desirable
• Previous lead technician/team lead/shift lead/other leadership experience highly desirable
• Current Secret security clearance highly desirable
• Experience with DAX a plus
• Experience with Labview a plus
• Knowledge of fluids mechanics/hydraulics/pneumatics
• Knowledge of data acquisition equipment (pressure transducers, thermocouples, flow meters)
• Maintain a good working knowledge of the test methods that are utilized in the industry
• Experience recording data using digital data acquisition systems
• Demonstrate strong problem solving ability and strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills, such as inventory control and order tracking processes
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Willing to work extended hours, including nights and weekends as necessary to support department testing objectives
• Strong Customer Service mindset and associated skills
• Proficient in most standard MS Office programs and general computer skills
• Test lab with exposure to sudden, loud noises. Test lab environment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org