Hydraulic Test EngineerMarch 18, 2018
NTS in Detroit is seeking a Mechanical Test Engineer (Hydraulic Testing). This position requires experience with servo-hydraulic testing including design and fabrication of test tooling, setup of hydraulic, mechanical and electronic controls, performance of lab testing, data acquisition and analysis. This is a day shift position with minimal travel, and occasional early evening and/or weekend work.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Review customer specifications to support quotation activity as well as testing of the product.
- Generation of test plans and test procedures.
- Scheduling and customer status updates.
- Technical data package preparation to industry standards.
- Development of new and unique test methodologies
- Project engineering to include all aspects of the testing process including customer liaison, failure analysis/corrective action investigations, engineering change proposal evaluation, test plan and test procedure preparation, test fixture design, test program execution, and test reporting.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
- Experience with MTS equipment and controls
- Understanding of servo-hydraulic testing including fatigue, ultimate strength and impulse
- Experienced in design and construction of electromechanical and fluid test setups
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a BS or AAS in Engineering Technology with extensive acquired knowledge in all of the above disciplines
- Ability to quickly develop accurate project cost and timing estimates
- Effective technical and commercial interaction with customers, suppliers and co-workers
- Strong multitasking ability with attention to detail
- Sense of urgency for customer timing requirements
- Ability to use processes and metrics to increase productivity
- Business Acumen – ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
- Experience with financial data, budgets and forecasting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and complex work environment
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org