HVAC/Refrigeration TechnicianMay 15, 2019
NTS, the leading provider of testing and engineering services, has an exciting opportunity for a HVAC/Refrigeration Technician to work in our Santa Clarita facility. This position requires the candidate to work in a fast paced environment, highly technical, multi-disciplined, team environment that will give you numerous and diverse opportunities to develop your technical skills, with minimal supervision. This is a unique opportunity to work in a highly rewarding field that will teach you numerous invaluable hands-on skills that serve just about every industry imaginable.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Although most work will be with thermal chambers, the candidate will also perform numerous tasks ranging from general housekeeping to maintaining complicated test equipment, such as cascade refrigeration and heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems. Under Specific DoD Testing Specifications, Safety Policies, and NTS Standard Operating Procedures, the HVAC/Refrigeration Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing various commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
• Maintain and repair various types of thermal chambers and other refrigeration and air conditioning systems
• General wiring of chamber controls and wiring systems
• Operation of thermal chambers and support systems
• Track and report all equipment failures to management for resolution
• Perform service and installation of commercial HVAC systems.
• Perform service on Cascade Refrigeration Systems.
• Perform service on cooling water towers.
• Maintain refrigerant and equipment records.
• Perform electrical system checks and use a volt/ohm meter.
• Fabricate and Install fixturing as assigned
• Monitor Testing as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• Valid Driver’s License required
• Universal EPA 608 certification or EPA 40 CFR 8.2 subpart F certification Type Universal
• Mechanical experience related to HVAC AND Refrigeration
• Experience with cascade refrigerant systems
• Knowledge of Electrical wiring and troubleshooting of electrical control panels
• Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to adapt a dynamic work environment
• Ability to read electrical and refrigeration schematics
• Ability to use gauge manifolds
• Ability to use a volt/ohm meter
• Freon reclamation certification and logging practices
• HVAC certificate desired
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org