EMI Test TechnicianFebruary 6, 2019
NTS in Tempe, AZ is seeking an EMI Technician. As an EMI Technician, your responsibilities will be to perform hands-on testing and evaluation of designs of a wide array of products to confirm compliance with applicable EMI/EMC commercial requirements.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• HS Diploma or GED is required; AA or AS degree highly desired
• We are seeking 2-5 years of EMI experience preferably in a test lab environment. In lieu of EMI experience, we may consider experience working as an RF Technician with an understanding of EMI/EMC related technology and equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, RF Amplifiers, etc.
• Ability to independently perform test set ups, operate and adjust test equipment
• Ability to use a systemic approach in the preparation of EMC Control Plans, EMI Test Plans, procedures and reports
• Results oriented and highly assertive with excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication skills – may interact with clients to assure their needs are met
• Experience with military and aerospace testing a plus
• Familiarity with Acoustic and EMI/RF and Power quality testing a plus.
• Knowledge of Industry Test Standards such as RTCA/DO160, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-464 desired
• Will be utilized in Dynamics and Environmental areas when needed.
• Overtime may be required on weekday and occasional weekends
• iNARTE certified (preferred) or TEMPEST certification (a plus)
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org