EMC Test EngineerOctober 15, 2018
NTS is seeking an experienced Test Engineer to work in the capacity of Applications/Sales Engineer. The Applications/Sales Engineer will provide engineering support to Sales and Operations for the purpose of generating offers to sell to existing and new clients of NTS. To be considered for this position, you must have five (5) years’ experience in the laboratory testing. We would prefer experience in the testing of licensed and non-licensed radios (wireless)/EMC but we will consider environmental and or dynamics/climatics testing in lieu of EMC/Wireless. This is not a hands-on testing role. You will assist in the day-to-day overall quoting process and assures the quotations are accurate and complete and delivered on time and work closely with customers. You must possess strong people and communications skills and strong customer interfacing abilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Assists in the day-to-day overall quoting process and assures the quotations are accurate and complete and delivered on time.
• Assists other Application Engineers as may be required.
• Develops and writes quotations for new and existing accounts.
• Optimizes price on quotations by setting the most appropriate strategies for a particular situation with the goal of positioning NTS to win the work.
• Works in cooperation with facility managers, regional sales managers, and customer service agents, toward setting appropriate winning strategies on quotations.
• Answers technical questions from Sales personnel and potential clients.
• Maintains a current awareness of the business objectives, unique strengths/ competitive advantages and current capacity utilization for each type of service provided by focused facilities/markets.
• Maintains current and on-going information regarding the capabilities and business climate of our competitors.
• Develops a keen understanding and on-going awareness of all aspects of the external environment affecting our business. In addition to the competition, this includes the economic and regulatory environments, supplier information, labor market conditions, and the industry/market trends for the various segments we serve and services NTS offers.
• Maintains an in-depth technical knowledge of all NTS services.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present and future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree preferred; however experience may commensurate for educational requirements
• Must have five (5) years’ experience in the laboratory testing field. Experience in testing of licensed and non-licensed radios (wireless)/ EMC is highly preferred but we will consider environmental and or dynamics/climatics testing desired in lieu of it.
• Past program management or supervisory experience is highly desired
• Must be able to sell testing services to prospects using the sale and testing tools from NTS. Strong customer interface skills are a must
• Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems and standards is required
• Experience with costing and quoting for environmental testing is strongly desired
• Working knowledge of Military and Commercial Specifications is strongly desired
• Needs the ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals
• Needs the ability to work both independently and in a team environment and with limited direction from management
• Must have the ability to make formal presentations and make cold/warm calls on an on-going basis
• Must maintain a good working knowledge of the test methods that are utilized in the industry
• Must have the ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Must possess the ability to gain a clear understanding of customer requirements, develop complex project solutions involving existing NTS resources
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have superior time management skills, and committed to meeting deadlines
• Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems and standards
• Needs the ability to develop, plan and implement short and long term goal.
• Must be able to sell testing and engineering services to prospects using the sales and testing tools from NTS
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with limited direction from management
• Ability to develop and conduct formal presentations and make cold/warm calls on an on-going basis
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org