ElectricianJune 12, 2019
NTS in Fullerton is seeking an Electrician with 5 years of experience (State Certified Electrician License C-10 is preferred but not required) or we will consider an Electrical Engineer with electrical, power, and voltage experience and circuit repair. This is a hands-on position involving electrical installation, repair, design, construction and modification of test equipment (i.e., electro-dynamic shakers) and instrumentation. Will also ensure equipment is properly maintained and available for use and that building and facility support systems are functioning properly.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Perform electrical work associated with line voltage such as service installation and disconnect.
• Provide basic electrical, electronic and refrigeration diagnostic & repair work on chambers, shakers, dynos, LN2 and process water systems.
• Ensure equipment is properly maintained and available for use. Schedule and perform periodic preventive maintenance on equipment and keep records.
• Perform high and low voltage (DC and AC) design and construction of electrical / electronic control panels for test equipment and setups. Work from customer specs to determine requirements, order components and build panels
• Perform breakdown, corrective and preventative maintenance on production equipment.
• Disassemble problem equipment determining the extent of necessary repairs and repair and/or replace any other worn or defective parts.
• Operate, maintain and repair to ensure facility and building support systems are functioning properly at all times. Order maintenance and repair parts and supplies.
• Schedule and support outside services for repair and maintenance of equipment and facility services (heating, lighting, compressors, etc.)
• Provide electrical, mechanical and logistical support for facility projects and capital equipment installation and commissioning.
• Ensure safe work practices and environment, keep work areas clean and organized. Employ lockout / tag out procedures to ensure safety
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• HS Diploma or GED
• State Certified Electrician License C-10 is desired but not required
• 5+ years of electronic experience in the field or in a related area
• Understanding of DMM, Oscilloscope, power supplies
• Working knowledge of basic safety practices, OSHA knowledge preferred
• Working Knowledge of AC and DC circuit analysis
• Knowledge of instrumentation, capacitors, and relays
• Ability to properly use hand tools, shop tools and test equipment.
• Needs excellent problem solving ability, be able to analyze and assess complex information.
• Troubleshoot and repair complicated equipment
• Read and understand written instructions and wiring diagrams.
• Ability to multi-task while prioritizing emergency equipment issues.
• Possess a record of safe work practices with a team approach.
• Demonstrate problem solving ability and strong communication skills (oral and written).
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to apply and develop basic skills to use tools and test equipment
• Professional individual with the ability to work effectively alone as well as part of a team
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org