Electrical Engineer (Recent Graduate/Nuclear Equipment Qualification)May 29, 2019
NTS in Huntsville, AL is seeking a Project Engineer, willing to obtain Commercial Grade Item Dedication knowledge to provide technical support and direction to technicians, customers, the department, and program managers.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Demonstrate and document the capability of equipment to perform safety-related functions and important to safety functions under applicable normal, abnormal, and design basis event service conditions including EMI/RFI, seismic, and environmental (radiation, thermal, steam) to reduce the risk of common-mode equipment failure.
• Apply engineering principles to develop solutions for equipment qualification and commercial grade item dedication problems
• Review, requests for quote, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, specifications, and drawings for electronic, electrical, and mechanical equipment
• Prepare qualification plans, dedication plans, engineering evaluations, and test procedures, conduct testing, evaluate test data, and prepare documentation packages and test reports
• Verification and validation of firmware and software, cyber security vulnerability scanning, and tamper-evident tape application
• Analyze various components and materials for radiation, time-temperature, electro-mechanical cycling, and other significant aging mechanisms
• Provide project support and customer liaison for equipment qualification and commercial grade item dedication activities
• Participating as a team member to accomplish departmental and corporate objectives
• Preparing/reviewing/approving quotations
• Resolving test equipment related issues and overseeing internal verification work related to test equipment and associated facilities
• Reviewing test data to ensure accuracy and conformance to requirements
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test, DMV and background check
• Must be willing to listen, learn, and contribute
• Relevant bachelor’s degree is required. BSEE is preferred; BSME and other relevant technical disciplines (e.g., physics) may be considered with knowledge/experience of commercial grade item dedication or equipment qualification analysis and functional testing is preferred.
• Familiarity with the following codes, standards, and guidelines is a plus.
• 10 CFR 21, Reporting of defects and noncompliance
• 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, Quality Assurance Criteria for Nuclear Power Plants and Fuel Reprocessing Plants
• 10 CFR 50.49, Environmental qualification of electric equipment important to safety for nuclear power plants.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com