EH&S SpecialistApril 18, 2018
NTS is seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS/EH&S) leader with Industrial Safety background who will be responsible for identifying and anticipating safety concerns and hazards, developing and enforcing safety systems, and policies and procedures for the Santa Clarita facility, as well as other sites in California/West Region.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for the day- to- day safety activities of the Santa Clarita facility including PPE selection, training, regulatory compliance, conducting safety audits and generate reports as required.
• Guides and promotes safe work practices by developing safety policies and local procedures, campaigns and communications.
• Train facility management and staff on safety, corporate and local procedures.
• Enforce corporate safety policies by conducing inspections, audits, reporting safety statistics and counseling employees.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as well as NTS safety policy by maintaining a thorough knowledge of existing and new legislation by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies and establishing professional networks.
• Interprets safety standard, and enforce adherence to current regulations and advising management on needed actions.
• Adheres to budgets and schedules expenditures and initiates corrective actions as needed.
• Manages West Region environmental activities including, but not limited to, SCAQMD, SMARTS, CUPA, Local Sanitation Agencies, State Water Board, EPA Region IX, SARA and other local environmental reporting as required.
• This position will be responsible for maintaining Environmental licenses and permits for all West Region facilities.
• Corporate function for the Western Region will account for 20-25% of all activities.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Environmental Science
• Minimum of 4 years of related work experience in EH&S in Industrial Safety in an Environmental Regulatory related field with a record of experience and proven success in environmental certifications/licenses
• Must have one or more of the following: AQMD, SCAQMD, CPCU, NSC, CUPA, State Water Board dealing or Sanitation Agency dealings
• Must possess extensive knowledge of federal and state laws regarding safety regulations and OSHA
• Highly desired are any Certificates in Safety Management (CSM, ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST) or REA Certification
• Travel within California is required; some travel outside of California may be required as needed
• Must be a high energy self-starter with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the NTS organization as well as State Environmental Agencies
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com