Test Engineer (Climatic/Dynamics)February 2, 2018
NTS in Chambly, Quebec is seeking a Dynamics/Environmental Test Engineer to conduct test programs in close coordination with test departments, managers, and technical and support personnel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform Qualification and Acceptance testing, as well as R&D testing.
- Manage testing projects within project budgets and timelines.
- Interface with customers to set testing procedures and completion of schedule.
- Interface with other team members, including skilled technicians, to achieve testing goals.
- Manage testing and data collection, and write test reports.
- Review and evaluate testing procedures and requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in relevant technical discipline is required, such as Mechanical, Electrical, Physics, Aerospace (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred).
- 6 years relevant experience is required, including experience in Climatics and/or Dynamics Testing
- Must be a self-starter, have the ability to consistently deliver performance with minimum supervision, and maintain continuous communications with subordinates, peers and upper management personnel.
- Ability to negotiate through conflicting demands for resources across departmental lines towards overall organizational success.
- Ability to manage test schedule and resource challenges with Project Managers.
- Ability to evaluate tools and processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Work well in a team environment.
- Extended working hours may be required periodically to meet testing deadlines.
- Experience desired with National Instruments (NI) Data Acquisition and Control System (DACS) hardware.
- Application of pressure, temperature, flow, accelerometers, load cells, LVDT, strain gage, etc. sensors.
- Experience in developing processes, procedures, test reports for qualification and acceptance testing is desired.
- Experience in hydraulic and pneumatic testing applications and processes are desired.
- Experience in 3D modeling in Solid Works and/or 2D Drawings in AutoCAD is desired
- Experience in design of custom automated test setups both with respect to both mechanical and electrical control is desired.
- Member of the Ordre des Ingenieurs du Quebec (OIQ) is desired.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org