Ballistics/Range TechnicianMay 29, 2019
NTS Chesapeake in Belcamp, MD is seeking a Mechanical Test Technician in the Ballistics Group to perform the duties of a ballistics technician to assist in testing as directed by the Range Lead and Range Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Perform tasks associated with safe and proper handling of ammunition under the direction of the range manager.
• Perform ammunition audits in accordance with established standards and accepted industry practices.
• Periodically support ballistic tasks at customer locations
• Assist with the maintenance of ballistic range equipment and the instrumentation suite as directed.
• Assist with the preparation of equipment for shipping and receiving test materials.
• Assist with the management and control of expendable range supplies as directed.
• Support the company Quality Management Program.
• Support the company security program.
• Perform additional duties associated with range operations including the practice of good housekeeping, equipment maintenance, and the safe, proper handling and operating of company equipment.
• Responsible for providing technical support to technical projects assigned to you.
• Responsible for successfully performing the technical duties outlined in the tasks assigned by your supervisor.
• Responsible for implementing and complying with all security measures regarding customer efforts, customer information, security procedures, systems access, etc. Responsible for effectively communicating and coordinating your efforts to your customer and
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future), able to pass a drug test and a DMV and background check and possess the ability to obtain a security clearance.
• High School Diploma preferably with some college specifically math and science or equivalent.
• Proficiency within the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Mechanically inclined and experience troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems
• Ability to write a technical report derived from test data
• Self- motivated, dependable, and responsible person requiring little direct supervision
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving skills
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills are a must
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Open minded person with the agility and flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
• Ability to remain calm and focused in an environment of constantly shifting priorities and demands
• Military Service
• 1-3 years of independent testing experience
• Experience working on automobiles
• Functional knowledge of Military and Commercial Specifications
• Experience fabricating parts
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org