Application/Sales EngineerOctober 24, 2018
NTS in Huntsville, AL is seeking a Test Engineer with a strong testing background in shock, vibration, thermal simulation and/or EMC/EMI to work as an Application Engineer. This position will involve providing engineering support to sales personnel by assisting in the day-to-day quoting process for quotations and bids, for testing services to new and existing customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists in the day-to-day overall quoting process and assures the quotations are accurate and complete and delivered on time
• Assists other Application Engineers on the national team as may be required
• Develops and writes quotations for new and existing accounts
• Optimizes price on quotations by setting the most appropriate strategies for a particular situation
• Works in cooperation with facility managers, regional sales managers, and customer service agents, toward setting appropriate winning strategies on quotations
• Answers technical questions from Sales personnel and potential clients
• Maintains a current awareness of the business objectives, unique strengths/ competitive advantages and current capacity utilization for each type of service provided by focused facilities/markets
• Maintains current and on-going information regarding the capabilities and business climate of our competitors
• Develops a keen understanding and on-going awareness of all aspects of the external environment affecting our business. In addition to the competition, this includes the economic and regulatory environments, supplier information, labor market conditions, and the industry/market trends for the various segments we serve and services NTS offers
• Maintains an in-depth technical knowledge of all NTS services
• Performs other duties as may be assigned
Required Education/Skills/ Experience:
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present and future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related technical field and 5-7 years of experience in the laboratory testing field.
o A strong working knowledge of foreign and domestic Military, Aerospace, Telecom, and Commercial Specifications is highly desired.
o Should be attuned to industry trends, standard updates, and new/emerging test specifications.
o Should be attuned to direct/indirect competition capabilities, and pricing.
o Thorough knowledge of MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461 and RTCA/DO-160 test standards.
• Must possess the ability to gain a clear understanding of customer requirements, develop complex project solutions involving existing NTS resources
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have superior time management skills, and committed to meeting deadlines
• Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems and standards
• Needs the ability to develop, plan and implement short and long term goal.
• Must be able to sell testing and engineering services to prospects using the sales and testing tools from NTS
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with limited direction from management
• Ability to develop and conduct formal presentations and make cold/warm calls on an on-going basis
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Experience with developing project time estimates, costing and quoting for EMC/EMI, Environmental and Dynamics testing
• Test laboratory management or supervisory experience
• Design/Fabrication experience with custom electrical test setups
• Environmental and or Dynamics Testing Experience
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org