Production ManagerJune 26, 2019
National Technical Systems, the world’s leading provider of test services to the automotive, aerospace, and defense industries has an open position for an experienced Operations Department Manager for our Precision Cleaning Department. Following specific NTS Standard Operating Procedures, safety policies, and industry specifications, the Operations Manager provides technical and administrative supervision to assure that the technical, administrative, budget, man-hour and schedule targets of the department are met within the framework of established policies and standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Directs and coordinates all activities of the department pertaining to precision cleaning of aerospace components.
• Performs limited testing and analysis as required.
• Provides technical input for equipment and facility enhancements.
• Acts as customer advocate for providing technical support and guidance for clients.
• Provides technical support in new account development.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual department budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
• Hires/trains/disciplines department staff in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
• Performs employee reviews, evaluates job performance and makes recommendations regarding change of status or wage adjustments.
• Writes/reviews/approves technical procedures and job travelers for precision cleaning operations.
• Prepares quotes for customer requested work.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (present or future) and able to pass a drug test and DMV and background check
• Degree (BS or AS) in chemistry or chemical engineering OR a strong background in cleanroom operations
• Requires 3 to 5 years of experience in cleanroom and/or production management, including a minimum of 2 years of experience in a laboratory environment with simple laboratory equipment such as microscopes, pH meters, balances/scales, desiccators, vacuum ovens, gas and liquid filtration systems, particle counters, etc.
• Knowledge of computers, computer programs and test instrumentation
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings, complex specifications, flow diagrams and related instructions
• Computer skills in standard Microsoft Office desktop applications. Experience using Microsoft Dynamic AX a plus
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving skills
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Self-motivating, dependable, and responsible person requiring little direct supervision.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills are a must,
• Strong supervisory skills sufficient to manage in an intense, goal-oriented environment with rapidly shifting priorities and multiple internal and external customers.
• Proven ability to learn at a fast pace with minimal training
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org