The safety of our customers and employees drives our day-to-day operational practices. As a result, NTS created a Rapid Response team to address every aspect of the pandemic. The team acted quickly to create a series of health and safety protocols, launch a remote testing platform, and adopt new business processes to keep customers on schedule.
As the worldwide leader in testing, inspection, and certification, NTS is an “essential business” that’s considered part of the nation’s “critical infrastructure.” As a result, all NTS laboratories remain open—and are in compliance with all local COVID-19 mandates.
To limit the potential impact of COVID-19 for customers and employees at the labs, NTS has implemented sweeping measures as described below.
We recognize that in-person test witnessing is essential for certain customers. As a result, we created a safe and secure environment. New protocols include the following:
- Health and Temperature Screenings
- Daily Cleaning and Rigorous Sanitation Procedures
- Reduced Visitor Occupancy & Staggered Shifts at Labs
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Social Distance Mandates
Temperature Checks & Visitor Self-Declaration Forms
Temperature checks are required for each visit to our labs. As a result, visitor and employee temperatures are taken daily prior granting access to any lab. The temperate check is taken via a touch-less thermometer. In addition, all visitors who intend to enter an NTS lab must complete a Visitor Self-Declaration Form. If any questions on the form are answered in the affirmative, access will be denied and the visitor will be asked to make alternative meeting and testing arrangements (phone calls, WebEx, Skype, Remote Witness Testing, or other web-based platforms).
Rigorous Cleaning & Sanitation
NTS has adopted CDC and government guidelines to create a clean working environment. In addition, NTS internal protocols to exceed recommended guidelines, which includes rigorous cleaning at each test facility on a daily basis. Extra hand sanitizers and cleaning products are readily available for employees and visitors.
Reduced Occupancy & Staggered Shifts
To maintain social distancing standards, we reduced the amount of people allowed in the lab at any given time. As part of this approach, we’re staggering our shifts and making sure all non-essential personnel are working remotely. Only business-critical visitors are allowed in the labs.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We require all visitors to wear masks or face coverings when visiting any NTS facility. Visitors must bring their face masks. Visitors without required masks or face coverings will be denied access to our facilities.
Social Distancing Facility Standards
Social distancing standards require every person in the lab to maintain at least six-foot social distance from other individuals. As a result, common areas are closed for use (unless the area is marked with social distancing signs). In addition, food is not offered in a buffet style or sharing fashion (no boxes of donuts or containers of shared food). Any provided food must be individually wrapped, which includes utensils and condiment packets. If an in-person meeting is necessary, chairs, and desks are arranged six feet apart.
Remote Test Witnessing
In response to COVID-19, NTS expanded its Remote Test Witnessing coverage—an enhanced service that helps engineers stay on schedule. The platform allows you to view your test from any location using your desktop, laptop, tablet, or cell phone. To alleviate any burdens, NTS is absorbing all costs, providing free remote access to help customers navigate unforeseen challenges associated with COVID-19.
The Remote Test Witnessing service uses a custom-built security access control to increase user validation. In fact, the customized video platform is Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) compliant and designed to protect security sensitive projects. Developed in only eight days and deployed across NTS’s 28 labs, the platform is designed to keep customers safe during the pandemic. Click on the image below to launch the full description of NTS’s Remote Test Witnessing platform.
The safety of employees is critically important. As a result, we’re taking measures to make sure employees are safe in the labs and corporate buildings. As a result, NTS has
NTS is restricting employee travel according to the following guidelines:
- All international business travel has been suspended for all employees unless approved by a company executive. Employees are also asked to curtail nonessential business travel in the U.S.
- Any employee who has visited a country subject to CDC coronavirus travel advisories within the previous two-week period, whether for business or personal purposes, is instructed to stay away from their office for 14 days. Prior to returning to the office, the employee must receive a physician’s clearance.
- All international travel within the last two weeks by employees, including travel by household members, or planned international travel through 2020, is to be reported to Human Resources.
NTS request that all employees and lab visitors follow recommended hygiene habits to protect against exposure to COVID-19, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Staying at home when sick and seeking appropriate medical care.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
NTS values the health, safety, and the well-being of you and your families. Please be safe, vigilant, and proactive as you prepare, guard, and work thought the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay safe!